• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurge timeline

Senusenu

On Dec 29, 2013, Udjat had his third fuzzy. He had no problem with the first two, but he regurged this one on Dec 30. I believe it's because I fed him too soon after the last one (five days instead of six). Tank warm hide was about 86 degrees, no change in routine, and he's in my room, against a wall with low traffic. I don't do loud music or TV, etc.

He fed successfully on Jan 10, 17, 23, and 29 on pinkies. I checked his tank three days after each feed to make sure he didn't regurge- only found stinky snake poop.

I created a spreadsheet for each snake after the regurge to track feeds, sheds, weight, length, and anything of note such as exercise sessions, bad shed, feed refusals, and regurge, so I can make absolutely sure when I last fed, etc.

I've been able to find plenty of info on how to start the regurge protocol, but can't seem to find info on the length of time to follow it and how long to do reduced feeds until getting back up to appropriate sized mice.

I feed f/t only, in a separate tub, do not handle for 3 days post feed, and Udjat's weight on Feb 2 was 36 grams.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

20140128_180802_zpsb963b916.jpg

You're right, I can't find it in any of the more common stickied threads. But Nanci says it all the time. You can do an advanced search for "regurge" by user "Nanci" and it'll pull up at the times she's told people what to do. Just takes a moment to look for it.

But here's a quote from one of her posts, they're all basically the same:

NO. Do not feed him. He needs to go 8-10 days without a feeding to recover from the regurge. Then feed a prey item half the size he regurged. Cut slits in the back of it. If that stays down okay, very, very gradually increase the prey size back up to what he should be eating for his size. It is strongly recommended to obtain Nutribac probiotics to replenish his gut flora, and put that on all his meals for the next several months.

Feeding while the snake is going into, in, or right after the blue period is my number one cause of regurges here. Prey size a bit too large is probably the next most common reason, for me.

You're right, I can't find it in any of the more common stickied threads. But Nanci says it all the time. You can do an advanced search for "regurge" by user "Nanci" and it'll pull up at the times she's told people what to do. Just takes a moment to look for it.

But here's a quote from one of her posts, they're all basically the same:

Yeah, I've read all that. I am looking for information on how long to take moving back up to fuzzies. Should I spread it over one month, two, three? The threads I have checked don't seem to have that info. I've already read that exact quote a million times.

Yeah, I've read all that. I am looking for information on how long to take moving back up to fuzzies. Should I spread it over one month, two, three? The threads I have checked don't seem to have that info. I've already read that exact quote a million times.

Kathy Love's "protocol" mentions a minimum of 6 successful feedings before considering moving back to normal sized food. I don't think there's really any set amount of "time" since it varies from size of snake, severity of problem, size of food, and feeding schedule. But it appears that if your guy can keep down 6 consecutive protocol feeds he *should* hopefully be ready to try a normal feeding on his next schedule.

Back