• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurge?

Jay633

Okay so i fed my corn a slightly bigger mouse and he started swallowing the head and before he got to the body he regurgitated it. So i believe i am supposed to maintain him with proper temps, humidity, and about a week later i shall feed him a smaller mouse correct? or any comments? my corn is about a year and a half weighing in at 130g

If he only had half-eaten it, that's more of a "spitting it out" than a regurge.

A regurge is when the animal has ingested the prey item, and later vomits up a partially digested mouse.

However, because he was unwilling to accept the larger prey item, I would definitely drop down a size or two.

I agree with Megan. It's a refusal rather than a regurge. Either the food item was just that bit too large or he was spooked whilst eating.

Either way, I think dropping back down to his normal size for the next couple of feeds would be advisable - just in case. I wouldn't wait to offer food again but if he refuses a second time, it would be worth waiting a week before trying again.

Fingers crossed, all will be well with a smaller mouse.

Back