• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurgitation and Nervous Mom

klvan

My sons have a 4 month old corn snake that we got last week. His first feeding (last friday) went well. His lump from eating was gone so quickly that I decided to give him another small pinkie on Monday. He obviously regurgitated it because I just found a fairly formed pinkie behind the water dish. Checked temps, cage clean, snake drinking fine. I want to get the snake eating two small pinkies each Sunday. My questions are:
1. Is this normal once in a while
2. When should I try to feed him again-wait until Sunday?
3. Anything else I should look for

P.S. Fecal float done last Thursday was negative of any parasites and pinkies came from a very reputable source recommended by several people from the local Herpetological Society.

It was probably just a one-off thing. I'd leave him alone until his next feeding is due. A four-month-old corn might not be able to handle two pinkies unless it is quite large (the snake). Maybe you could just stick with one.

Back