• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurgitation Issue

Claire1990

Well my little one regurated, i'm so upset with myself :headbang: I belive it was because i handled him too soon after his feeding, could that be possible? And your not supposed to feed them for 7 to 10 days after correct? Any help would be great.

I personally would wait the full 10 days, i think the standard recommendation is 8-10.
It is also recommended to wait at least 48 hours after feeding before handling, although you might need to wait longer if there is still evidence that the food has not been digested.
After the wait is over and you are ready too feed again, make sure it is something smaller than normal (about half the size it normally eats)

There is an excellent sticky about what to do: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Above all, go slow. Don't rush back into handling or feeding. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Read that sticky, but like everyone said, you need to get him back slow. If you wait a full 14 days its better to be safe than sorry. Think about it this way, when they regurge a lot of the stomach fluids come up with that, these fluids are what is used to break down the food they eat. The animal needs time to rebuild these fluids so that when you feed him/her again there is enough stomach acid to break down the food item, otherwise he/she will regurge again and you can get stuck in a nasty cycle. So give the animal plenty of time to build those fluids back up and feed him/her something a lot smaller than what you would normally feed them. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up, it has happened to a lot of us.

Back