• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Remember that nice vivarium I got for my birthday...

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
...and the money from my work colleagues to put towards a nice reptile... :grin01:

So I went out today and treated myself. I have never owned a limbed reptile before!

Here's my new female crested gecko, about 3yo. She does not yet have a name so any ideas would be appreciated. She seems to be sleeping beneath her plants at the moment. :)

Attachments

• geckoedit.JPG
    geckoedit.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 105
Oh she's so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is she sort of green?? I would name her Lichen.

Thanks, guys! She is sort of green in some lighting, but she seems to have a sort of lavendery background colour with a lot of yellowy splodges on top. I'm totally stuck for a name!

I'll be sure to post new pictures when she's settled in - I just grabbed a quick shot before putting her in her new home.

She's stunning! Look at those eyes! Congrats! I really love cresties, although I'm planning on getting a Leopard Gecko next.
Do you plan on getting a male for her or will she be just a pet?

How pretty! I'm head over heels for my friends cresties. Have you ever seen the 1" babies? Omglykesokute!

Oh btw Becks, I have some really special snails arriving on Thursday! I think you will like these... ;)

Eriathiel said:
She's stunning! Look at those eyes! Congrats! I really love cresties, although I'm planning on getting a Leopard Gecko next.
Do you plan on getting a male for her or will she be just a pet?

Thanks! I don't plan on breeding her for the time being, but I may well purchase another female at some point in the future.

Tula_Montage said:
How pretty! I'm head over heels for my friends cresties. Have you ever seen the 1" babies? Omglykesokute!

Oh btw Becks, I have some really special snails arriving on Thursday! I think you will like these...

Thanks Elle!

Ooo... can't wait to see what you got! Don't go making me jealous, now. ;)

Tbh I'd have hundreds of snails if I had more room for them!

Very very cute. These guys are on my "some day when I don't have roommates and have all the space in the world" list.

Welcome to the addiction that is Cresteds! :dancer:

I have four myself. Yours is gorgeous!! Very robust and such striking colors. :D

Congrats!

Beautiful new lizard!! congrats!! As for name suggestions..hmm..here are a few..

Ivy
Espa
Bella
Medea
Jemima
Selest

Cute names... I like Bella, Zoey or Ivy! Shoot I may save one of those names for my future corn...hehe

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the name suggestions - I like Ivy :)

I have a few choices now, just trying to pick the best one is the hard part!

Back