• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

rep power?

Ok, I'm somewhat confused now.... :confused:

So is it ok if I just post when I feel the need to and forget all this for now?.....lol.

And btw, you really do look like the guy on ER. :D

Well, at least CAV and I aren't the only ones that think that. Sounds like you are out numbered on that one Quigs.

Lisa, The rep power is related to the number of posts that you make on this site, whether it is in answer to a question, asking a questions, or just gabbing with someone on here. The green box will increase according to the number of reputation points you have, and the rep power number increases with the length of time and number of posts you make.

lisa127 said:
ok, so how did i get a green box?

Well, it could be the number of posts that you have made, or someone has given you some reputation points. The Reputation points you can check by going to the User CP and looking at the first screen that comes up, and the second way is to click on the Scales icon under your avatar. you willl be able to see your own points, but whenyou click on this icon for someone else, you will get a window saying that you can add to anothers reputation.

I think that happens after you've made a post or two with no negative comments from others on the forum...basically, I understand it to mean that you are a member in good standing. The people with red boxes are not.

That may not be right on, but its close anyway...hope it helps

Whew.....I for one, am glad that you can't start out with negative rep points. I'd be in trouble. :uhoh:

To quote Groucho Marx: "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Regards,
jazz

You start out with one green box and no rep power. Just benefit of the doubt, I guess?

Back