• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rep Power????

Mangrove

Corns_will_rule_the_world
i was wondering what the rep power ment, i have more posts then some poepl but they have more green bars than me can some explain this

from what i have established people have to click on your name and manually "add" rep points to you by rating your posts and such. not something that automatically is added to you based on your # of posts. more of a popularity thing i suppose

hey no problem! ive seen u respond to plenty of my posts when others wouldnt so ill click on it to add u some rep power see if it works.

Hope this helps.

The rep power goes up every 100 posts and every 100 rep points. The rep power number you have determines how many rep points you can give or take.

Rep points are given or taken by other members. Everyone starts off with 10 rep points. If someone agrees or disagrees with or thinks your post/reply was good or bad they could give or take from you rep points as long as they have rep power.

The green and red squares tell others if you have positive or negative rep points. Two green squares would mean the person has from 101 to 199 rep points. Each square represents up to 100 rep points.

was wondering about this myself....i think i might go back and attach a red bar to the guy who said his pythons ate all his corns..... :bounce:

daisy said:
was wondering about this myself....i think i might go back and attach a red bar to the guy who said his pythons ate all his corns..... :bounce:

daisy,

Actually you can't give or take any points because you don't have any rep power yet. The number next to the green square(s) are the number of reputation points you can either give or take from someone else. (i.e. I have 10 rep power which means if I was to add to someone's reputation I would be giving them 10 rep points. If I was to leave negative a response I would cause them to loose 10 points- *note*- I wouldn't get the 10 points they loose)

Skye said:
good explanation DAND

Thanks Skye. I've been explaining it over at Fauna too. It gets a little confusing since rep points and rep power are just too similar sounding.

thats weird i dont think i ever started with any points? unless someone took all of them but that would be odd b/c ive had no troublesome posts, just questions mostly. haha.

n1ck said:
thats weird i dont think i ever started with any points? unless someone took all of them but that would be odd b/c ive had no troublesome posts, just questions mostly. haha.

If you click on the scale (the symbol next to the green circle on the bottom left hand side) on any of your posts it will tell you how many points you have. If you click on the User CP link you'll see what points you have received or had taken and who took or gave them to you.

i ahve only had 3 peopl try to give me rep power, but only 1 of them had enough posts to give me any, he gave me 10 :crazy02: :crazy02:

i think when i added to you it didnt give you any. haha. i didnt realize i had to have "rep power" in order to do anything. well now i know and see the difference so thats cool.

it dosnt matter thanks for the effort though, i was jsut wondreing how it worked, did i give you and? i dont know if i tired if i didnt i will. :shrugs:

according to my USER CP page you did add me 2 rep points from what i can tell, i do appreciate that by the way! i may not have a ton of answers for people just yet but i am learning more and i do try to keep conversations up and active! as well as help out when i can ;)

well i guess im out till tomorrow, peace and ill catch up with this forum later bye :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Thanks Dave...

I have never had this explained to me either...to tell you the truth...
Always wondered exactly how it worked...

Alias47 said:
Thanks Dave...

I have never had this explained to me either...to tell you the truth...
Always wondered exactly how it worked...

You're welcome. Glad I could help out.

I may have missed something , but why is there a difference between the number of re points I see under the user control panel and the number I see next to my posts?
Also you don't have to click the scale if you want to see comments made about your posts . You can click on user cp and read them all there.

Back