• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptile Defence Fund

Doggey75

Spread the word!

http://usark.org/reptile-defense-fund-2/

Email
----------------------

Since 2010, the United States Association of Reptile Keepers (USARK) has been working to oppose the listing of constrictor snakes under the Lacey Act and laying the legal groundwork for a possible challenge to any listing. Efforts to date include commissioning Georgetown Economic Services to document an economic impact study of the reptile industry and engaging the services of Kelley Drye as our legal and legislative consultants. Kelley Drye is the leading law firm in Washington D.C. in regards to the very specialized challenges that lay ahead of us, specifically due to their expertise in issues that potentially involve challenging adverse regulatory decisions and defending our rights. This process has involved detailed legal analyses as well as numerous meetings with officials in Washington D.C. where the foundations for placing us in the strongest possible position were laid.

Having notified the USFWS in April of our legal and public policy concerns over both the listed and pending species, we have determined that the time is right to formally challenge the rule.

In order to fully implement our legal strategy, the USARK Board of Directors has announced creation of a legal defense fund and issued a call to members for contributions. Contributions can be made at http://usark.org/reptile-defense-fund-2/.

This battle will be expensive and we must begin to secure funding immediately. USARK appreciates all donations and additional fundraising efforts. This fight and our continued battle against anti-reptile legislation would not be possible without your support. More details will be provided as they can be made public.

You can also mail checks made out to USARK to:

USARK Reptile Defense Fund
3650 Sacramento Drive
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Here is something else to think about when you make your herp purchases...

Facebook quote from:

Brian Potter

"Just a thought........

You buy boxes of crickets from a supplier. Does that supplier fund USARK at all? Timberline does in a HUGE WAY!!! Maybe you should think about spending your money with a Cricket Grower that does? Simple things like this are easy ways for you to help the cause. Zoo Med is the other MAJOR donor to USARK. Maybe the next time you go to the Reptile Store in your area you should buy a Zoo Med bulb instead of that other brand? Another easy way to help the cause!

Just my opinion........"

You might want to ask any breeder or store you deal with if they are US ARK members, or whether they support them in any way.

Timberline gets my support 2x a month when they send me 7000 crickets a month for my 4-legged freaks. Zoomed gets indirect support when I buy PowerSun and ReptiSun bulbs for my UVB needing 4-legged freaks. They (Zoomed) USE to get more when $500-700 of my annual budget went to them for UVB bulbs for the Las Cruces Museum of Nature & Science's Nature Center I use to curate.

Back