• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptile Relay sytem?

hzahorka

Borderline Corn Addict
After going through the headache of dealing with prices and middle men to get an adult snake shipped through UPS/FED to his new home in MI. USA I have to ask....has anybody/would anybody be interested in trying to start up a nationwide volunteer Reptile Relay where people would meet along the way from point A to point B to help get new animals to their intended homes?
I know they do this for animals (dogs mainly) why not for reptiles?
For instance...I live in the SW corner of Colorado but I could drive 4-5 hours in any direction needed for free to meet up with the next relief/relay team to take over.
The reason I bring this up is because when I went to overnight this snake through Fed Ex one place wanted $139 and for UPS $147 and my next option is UPS through another middle man for aprox $70 which is the route I am having to go with this afternoon and all because of where I live!
Heather

No, just your adult corn snake who's about 42" long. The box was 12x12x19 and weighed 4.5 pounds. I will be putting him in a 12x12x6 box packed with upper and lower styrafoam, some shavings and newspaper around him in his pillow case for extra cushion/protection this time. Unless everyone thinks I should stick with the bigger box?
Heather

It's an iterresting idea. I know that a few people up here in Canada routinely drive across the border to pick-up and drive back to save hassles. Caroline and Simon have both offered before to pick-up for me, so I think the idea could work.

I think that's a great idea, although I've not paid more than $40 for 3 hatchlings to be shipped to me.

Back