• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptile sand

dmwitch

Hi new owner here, just got Kaa today from an owner on cl. My dh was reading that the sand wasn't good for Kaa and could cause health problems, would another bedding be better. It is reptile sand that is in the tank now. Kaa is about 2 ft long snow corn. He's a really sweet snake and we haven't seen any problems with him. He's in a 15 gallon long till I can get something bigger and is eating 1 fuzzie a week. This from the previous owner. Here's a pic of KAA.
kaa.jpg

Thanks for being here!

Welcome to your next addiction! Kaa is a nice looking snake!

Corns should not have sand bedding. Aspen is good. Paper towels or newspapers work fine but aren't pretty. Cypress can be too damp but looks nice. Shredded paper works nicely, but again isn't too pretty. Some people use CareFresh.

The 15L is a good size for a 2 foot snake, BTW, so don't hurry to upgrade.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. This is all new to me. Always had furry pets. So most like will have loads of questions coming soon!

I've been going back and forth between using cypress and aspen. Aspen is probably the safe bet, especially for a new snake owner. Beside other reasons to not use sand...corn snakes really love burrowing around in the aspen bedding...something they can't do in sand.

First off welcome to the forum! Lots of wonderful people here that are eager to share information! Kaa is beautiful, congrats! Also I believe Kaa is an albino corn snake, not a snow.

When it comes to bedding I personally like aspen. My corn loves to burrow in it. Hope this helps!

Back