• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptiles at London Zoo

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
Hi everyone

I have a week off work and finally some time to myself so I went for a little trip to London Zoo... naturally I spent most of the time in the reptile house. Plus, it was cooler in there than out in the sun. ;)

Here are a few of the reptiles I came across..

King Cobra

kingcobra.jpg

Gaboon Viper

gaboonviper.jpg

Taipan

taipan.jpg

Garter

garter.jpg

Some sort of viper

viper.jpg

(More in the next post)

Green Mambas

greenmamba.jpg

greenmamba2.jpg

Black Mamba

blackmamba.jpg

Lizard - can't remember what he is exactly

lizard.jpg

And the highlight of the day - the Komodo Dragon

komodo.jpg

komodo2.jpg

komodo3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Thanks for posting! That komodo Soooo wants to eat you. lol
It's funny how sweet and non-threatening the mambas look.

Thanks guys! I wish I had seen the Death Adder though - one of my favourite snakes, and he was firmly in hiding the whole time. :(

Nice pictures.
You're so lucky to have seen the komodo dragon.
When we went to the zoo, it was out for training. :(

The lizard you can't seem to remember,
isn't he an Uromastyx

Great shots! Thanks for posting a Gaboon. They are my favorite snake of all. I would never dream of owning one, but they are just the epitome of awesome. If they weren't venomous, I'm sure I'd have a thousand of them by now.

And how cool is that Komodo? Its great you got some close ups. The local zoos near me never have them. I'm sure that was a treat to see.

Back