• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

["Rescued"]Snakes - what morph?

testdasi

Long story short, I found a classified ad selling snakes around my area so went to check. I was quite glad I sort of "rescued" these. The lady was a single mom with 2 kids and had to sell the snakes to buy birthday presents for her daughter. I don't think she can maintain the snakes any longer. Both were housed in the same viv but one is disporportionally larger than the other (though they were supposedly same size, same batch).

Can someone please let me know what morph are these? I'm thinking standard amel for the small one and standard sunglow-ish for the large one. Both have checkers belly so not motley.

The small one - a female
TN040050.jpg

TN040049-1.jpg

The larger one - a male
TN040045-1.jpg

TN040043-1.jpg

No, you are not seeing things. It's the same hand holding both.

A sunglow is a special bred amel. I think they must come from confirmed stock to be called sunglow, but I'm not sure how that goes. Amels vary incredibly so they can be from the same clutch. Sometimes it is hard to tell if there are other morphs at plan without breeding trials. Snakes do grow at different paces too. The small one may have regurged in the past or been a poor eater. Feed them according to their own size with the Munson plan. Good luck with them.

I would say they are both just amel. Can't be 100% sure without breeding. Even then, if you don't know of any hets you wouldn't be sure of what you will get from the pair.

I love the head pattern on the little guy.
And I love the bright colors of the big one.

I think the big one is a very sunglow-looking amel. I wonder what their parents were.

Back