• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Restless

Prairie Orca

My one and only corn, Azzie, has recently made it a habit to start wandering around his enclosure nonstop for hours on end. Sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up to the sound of him landing on the sticks, as he had been climbing the upper edges of the tank (I'm surprised he can still get up there).

I've tried to tire him by taking him out and letting him go about on the computer desk, my bed, and the floor. I even put him on a continuous circuit on my arms.

But he still refuses to sleep most of the time.

Right now he's moving about in his tank, frequently looking up at the door (for the lack of a better word).

I've been feeding him two hoppers every Sunday, and he passes them on Wednesdays, sometimes with some extra on Thursday or later. I make sure he's well watered, and he's got the temperature gradient (heat lamp on one side) along with a humidity hide. He's about a year and a half, and three feet in length.

Any ideas on what he's doing?

My male is exactly the same right now, he's gone into 'breeding season mode' earlier than normal.. I'm not sure if yours is old enough at a year and a half, though..anyone? He'd almost certainly be off his food if he had ladies on the brain, too.

His conditions sounds great so if you've checked the temps aren't too hot and he's eating and drinking, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. We just panic whenever our snakes start doing anything weird - I know I do!!

Back