• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Results of het Lavender X Milk Phase Motley

Russ Bates

I finally got what I was aiming for the poor mans way....lavender motleys.

Russ

Attachments

• LAVMOT05.JPG
    LAVMOT05.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 140
Gorgeous! What is the purple snakie with the pinkish stripe on th eleft? Weird pattern for a corn? And I can't make up if it's the head or tail end... looks like a piece got cut off but I asume that's not what happened... just a play of the eye I guess.

jeez Russ you really hit it big with that pairing huh? did you anticipate those lav mots popping out or were you just hoping for the best? congrats on that.

P.S. it was nice to meet you in Daytona!!

not to mention that pattern is rediculous!!!. can anyone compare to a pattern that unique? if so i would like to see it...if Russ doesn't mind

yes it is a crazy pattern

but I'm sure someone has had to have had that pattern show up in clutches before.

Tom - It was very good to meet you. Hope you guys did well at the show. I showed great discipline by only spending $150 plus admission and food:) I got a nice hypo bull snake and a peachy thayeri from a friend.

To answer your first question...yes I did expect/hope for lavender motleys from this pairing. The part I didn't know is how the milk snake phase trait would change/alter the motley pattern as an end result. If you remember, the milk snake phase motley originated from Serpenco and displayed large saddles and the stomach was not necessarily a clean motley as we think of them today. I guess my end desired result was a lavender motley but one with large purple saddles and a white belly. Anyhoo...I'm happy.

Again, it was nice to meet you.

Russ

pics of founding stock and hets

here are pics of the lavender and milk snake phase motley I started this project with two years ago. The rest are pictures of the hets growing up.

Russ

Attachments

• LAV CREAM.JPG
    LAV CREAM.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 117
  • milkmotley.JPG
    milkmotley.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Milk Phase Motley 01F.JPG
    Milk Phase Motley 01F.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 116
  • HLavXMilkMot04.JPG
    HLavXMilkMot04.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 116
  • LavXMilk Motley.JPG
    LavXMilk Motley.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
Well i dont ever remember a pattern similar. i am sure it may have popped up but, the way the "Qtip" pattern is, it almost seems off center or something. it is real interesting. it should be a nice project for you to try and see what comes from it. good luck and congrats again.

also the request still stands to see some other patterns like that. it would be nice to see a thread dedicated to some of the more aberrant patterns other than just some of the usual variations we see within a certain trait.

Congratulations, Russ! How much of the milksnake phase trait was passed on to those babies? I couldn't really tell from the picture.

Thanks-

I've got a clutch from normals het Lav and Motley from Milksnake Moltey lines pipping today. I'll be real tickled if I get anything near as nice as those!

good luck Clint

I hope your odds work as well too.

Edmund - not much really. One is typical motley the other is a weird pattern with a long line and then a circle or dot......not really zigzag though.

Russ

Back