• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rigid Tail

Pinklady

Drake and Odin
I've tried a search and can't find anything about this!

Odin was out for handling today and seemed ok about being out. After putting him back in the tank he crawled around the edges as he usually does, but kept the last 2 inches of his tail rigid pointing upwards. He then went into his hide but kept his tail outside of the hide still rigid and pointing up. He finally took the rest of his tail into the hide after 10 minutes.

Does this sound normal behaviour?

Pinklady said:
I've tried a search and can't find anything about this!

Odin was out for handling today and seemed ok about being out. After putting him back in the tank he crawled around the edges as he usually does, but kept the last 2 inches of his tail rigid pointing upwards. He then went into his hide but kept his tail outside of the hide still rigid and pointing up. He finally took the rest of his tail into the hide after 10 minutes.

Does this sound normal behaviour?

I see this when a snake is defecating, or trying to. Maybe he had a false alarm, or maybe he's left a surprise somewhere in his enclosure. ;)

Mine have done that too. Usually to defecate, but occasionally, when they slide off my hand, the tail is kind of up and they just leave it that way for a moment or two.

Back