• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

RIP Surry Girl! :(

MinLynn

What blonde chick?!
So my little rescue BP,Surry passed on last night. Right in the middle of all the fighting and turmoil, I found her dead! I knew something was wrong and was getting ready to make a vet app. I guess I was just too late. She wouldn't shed. No matter what I tried she could not shed. I had heard before that this could be a sign of an illness so I was going to take her into the vet but alas.......I don't have the money for a necropsy to be done,unfortunately. I'm terribly sad over it. I loved that little baby soooo much!:crying:

DSCF2456.jpg

DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2706.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear that mindy. I'm sure you did everything possible to help that little one. Atleast you know you gave him the best life possible for the short time you had him.

Thank you. It was just the clincher to a very bad night. I wanted to just punch a wall right then and there!

Aw, Min, i'm sorry to hear that! She was the reason I started getting interested in BPs. RIP Surry.

Thank you guys! This is the first snake I've lost and it think it's harder because she was a baby and not an adult. What's sad is we were talking about rehoming Hades our RTB because we just don't have the proper handling time for him what with him hating being around our kids and all. But I didn't mean I wanted anybody to die! And it's always me that discovers the deaths and I'm the one that can never handle it!

I'm so sorry for you loss your little Surry, now I feel like I jinxed her. I just said in the BP thread that I was so happy she was doing well. :crying:
I'm very sad to hear that Surry passed. After what she went through I was really hoping she would be okay, atleast you were able to give her a great life while you had her and again I'm very sorry for your loss Min.
RIP Surry

Bad things come in 3's so that something amazing can happen. I know now with everything this was unneeded icing on the cake, but things alway look up when your sure thats impossible. I am so sorry its your turn for the non stop rain, but when its sunny again you'll understand:) RIP little surry:(

Sorry for the loss... but did you say she wasn't shedding?
If that's the case, you should take her in and have a necropsy done if you haven't already buried or frozen her and see if the vet can work out a payment arrangement. One of the symptoms of IBD is the inability to shed. Not to scare you anymore, but that's something you should check out before your other BP's or boa gets sick.

But isn't IBD spread through mites? Nobody has had mites. Well except for the new corn that we've only had for a couple of days and this problem started before we got that corn. Unfortunately, at this time, even payments wouldn't work out. Long personal story. It may have worked out as of 24 hours ago but not now.

Aw Mindy, I am so sorry.
At least she had a great life for a little while, and that makes all the difference.
I hope that your other babies remain well.
RIP Surry...

But isn't IBD spread through mites? Nobody has had mites. Well except for the new corn that we've only had for a couple of days and this problem started before we got that corn. Unfortunately, at this time, even payments wouldn't work out. Long personal story. It may have worked out as of 24 hours ago but not now.

IBD can be spread by things other than mites. It's VERY easy to spread. It can be passed on by things like contact between the snakes or even not washing your hands when switching from handling an infected snake to handling an uninfected snake. If you handle infected snakes bedding, and don't wash your hands, you can pass on the infection to a non-infected snake. That's why it's so devastating in small or large collections.

Back