• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rodentpro??

kentuckycorns

I missed the local reptile show this month where i buy all my frozen feeders so i am gonna have to buy online, has anyone used rodentpro? where you happy with the service? it looked like a reputable place so i went ahead and placed an order but now i am thinking i should have come here first! any information is greatly appreciated :)

Rodent Pro is the only one I have tried and I really like them. There shipping cost is pretty high but I just like them.

There has been many threads on which site is better but it is really what you are looking for. Some have cheaper shipping costs but then charge more for the mice. Some also do not have as many mice per bag...ect.

We use RodentPro and think they are just fine. Some people complain that the product may not be as clean as others (poop in bags). The mouse Factory has a great product as well and super clean. RodentPro packs all their product in big zip lock baggies while The Mouse Factory place their's on styrofoam platters and shrink wrap them. If you don't order that much product RodentPro's shipping could be a little high. It will cost you the same if you buy one rat as it would if you bought 200 rats. They use bulk boxes and charge a flat rate so the best thing to do is fill it full with your order (while making your order online they will tell you how much room you still have in the box). RodentPro's prices are better then The Mouse Factory but TMF seem to spend more time on their product (cleaning, packageing, etc.) and sizes seem to be a little different from company to company. I don't mind that RodentPro bulk packs their product especially the pinkies as little pinky hands, feet and tails fall off and these are great items to have on hand in case you need to force feed a non-eating baby. Some people here swear by RodentPro while others prefer The Mouse Factory. Either way you need food for your snakes and both companies are very reputable. Six of one, half dozen of the other :shrugs:
Jay :cool:

Last edited:
PJCReptiles said:
Some people here swear by RodentPro . . .
I would/could probably be accused of this, but quite honestly, I've never had a real reason to try anything else! :shrugs: Great points all and I'll just add that while I feed on a 7 day schedule for all my snakes from hatchling on up, my snakes seem to grow at a somewhat elevated rate . . . is it the food? I don't know, but I don't do anything else that's magical.

D80

PS. As for a turd here or there in the bag, I'm sorry, but getting nitpicky over that (which Jay isn't being) in a bag of 100 dead rodents is a little too anal for my world! :)

I started a thread over on the BOI about how much I like RodentPro, and many others chimed in that they like them too. Go over there and take a look at the replies if you like (although I think you have to sign up for a free fauna classifieds account to read the threads).

There have also been positive threads about the Mouse Factory, although they are located further away from you. Best thing is to go over there, do a search, and read all about them for yourself.

RodentPro is in southern Indiana, so your shipping should be as little as it is possible to be if you are in Louisville, Ky. But since they have to use dry ice (heavy!) even for a small order, it will be a lot cheaper per mouse to ship a large order than a small one.

I also have used no one except RodentPro when I didn't produce enough rodents myself. And when they run their specials on certain sizes, it's even better. Yes, you get the better deal on shipping if you fill the box, but with all the dry ice they use, you don't have to worry about your mice if UPS takes an extra day or 2 to deliver (of if they just drop the box off next to your garbage cans and you don't notice it for 2 days - I hate my old UPS driver, the new one is much better). And the best part...you get to play (carefully - this stuff can be hazardous) with what's left of the dry ice after you put your mice in your freezer! My kids...and hubby...thoroughly enjoy that part!

I have used Rodentpro for a few years. True, they don't shrink wrap the product but if I am going to have it a while I repackage it anyway. I like the fact that if you buy a bag of, say, 100 fuzzies, there are an assortment of sizes in there. This may bother some, but to me it's convenient because I have assorted sizes of snakes anyway. They do have good specials sometimes. I usually try to fill the box each order to not pay shipping for wasted space. I do sometimes wish they had smaller boxes though. Like right now, I need pinkies but I have enough adults, hoppers, etc. So if I buy pinkies from them I think I will have to pay to ship a half empty box :bang:

Susan said:
And the best part...you get to play (carefully - this stuff can be hazardous) with what's left of the dry ice after you put your mice in your freezer! My kids...and hubby...thoroughly enjoy that part!
Lol can you say Dry Ice bomb

You're in Louisville (Louavull) KY? There's a show once a month in Columbus. RodentPro is there every show. If you call in your order, they'll have it ready for you at the show. That way you can trade the shipping cost for gas and make a show too boot. It's about 'a 3 hour tour' each way.

Drizzt80 said:
PS. As for a turd here or there in the bag, I'm sorry, but getting nitpicky over that (which Jay isn't being) in a bag of 100 dead rodents is a little too anal for my world! :)
If you placed me in a container with a hundred people and turned on the gas, I think I'd poop myself too.:grin01:

dwyn127 said:
If you placed me in a container with a hundred people and turned on the gas, I think I'd poop myself too.:grin01:
:grin01: :laugh01: :roflmao: I don't care who you are.......That's Funny!
Jay :cool:

I have been alternating between Rodentpro and Big Cheese. I definitely feel the quality of the big Cheese is much better than Rodentpro. The packaging and size separation are also much better. If I am ordering on the heavy side and now stuff might take a little longer to get used up it's nice to have the vacuum packed. <Big cheese boxes are also smaller so a little easier for me to lug across the border?

Now for Rodent pro. Your customer service from them is FANTASTIC. I LOVE dealing with them as they are very easy to reach and talk with in person. You can do a number of different scenarios of what to purchase and they'll give you ideas to maximize your shipping dollar. They also seem to have more dependable availability...

So In all, I guess I may be useless as I like and use both companies, I'm sure you won't be disappointed in your choice ;)

Rebecca

Back