• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rosey Boa

randomrhetoric

the snake drummer
I am adopting a rosey boa tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this breed and if there are any pointers or useful information you can pass on.
Thanks!

And now for something completely different...

I don't like spam!!

I don't like spam!!

But Spam is good for you.
spam.jpg

Now as Rosy Boas go, they are great pets, I own a pair of them here. They can be a bit nippy due to always hungry. These guys are not mean aggressive but hungry aggressive. So, keep an eye out on the head of your new pet.
Here are some pictures of my adult male.

another good reference site is VMS Herps. This is where I got my pair.
Care Sheet
http://www.vmsherp.com/CarePages/CareRosyBoa.htm

Breeding Rosy boas.
http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingRosies.htm

Thanks!! I guess I wasn't finding as much info because I was spelling it wrong lol. I am picking her up tonight and I am pretty excited. I will take some pics and post them up as soon as I have it safely home.

Jim, Dean, Beth- what do you do about water? Sean (VMS) says provide water at all times but be careful not to spill it. Other caresheets say water two days after feeding day (so they don't regurge- does this mean no wet mice either?) and take it away on feeding day. I put my guy in the top bin of the rack, nearest the window. Should be the warmest and least humid. Or should I take him out of the rack entirely and put him in glass with a screen lid?? I haven't had any humidity problems and have a portable AC/dehumidifier running in the afternoons.

Nanci, I can't speak for the rest, but Dean said that he keeps water in the viv, but a very small bowl with just a partial amount. Wade told me he kept water in the viv at all times as well when he kept them.

Jim, Dean, Beth- what do you do about water? Sean (VMS) says provide water at all times but be careful not to spill it. Other caresheets say water two days after feeding day (so they don't regurge- does this mean no wet mice either?) and take it away on feeding day. I put my guy in the top bin of the rack, nearest the window. Should be the warmest and least humid. Or should I take him out of the rack entirely and put him in glass with a screen lid?? I haven't had any humidity problems and have a portable AC/dehumidifier running in the afternoons.

As Lori wrote, I usually keep a very small water bowl available. I only fill it about a third of the way. I actually have seen a rosy drink before, but it's been YEARS. I don't want to speak for Beth, but I don't think she offers water at all. She just gives her rosys wet mice. As far as I know, her rosys do great this way. I give mine soggy mice too.

Back