• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

rubber maid

CORNSANDMORE

well i plan on getting a rubbermaid for mnew corn snake but i don't know how to do ne thing to it,i know that i have to drill holes in it but where and how many,and some one sugested a "jungle gym" what can i make that out of and what should i have in it,also i have heard that hammoks are good,what can i make those out of?????:) :confused:

Well it all really depends on how big your rubbermaid is... When the word rubbermaid comes up I assume that its the plastic sweaterboxes or shoeboxes and not the brand of rubbermaid...
I use the 28qt. sweaterbox made by sterilite... they run about $2.50 at Walmart and work fine... the measurements on the 28qt. is around 24X17X6 its around that size Im not quite sure... but persay that it around those demensions then it would be pretty hard to make anything for what would be considered hanging from the ceiling (like a hammok or a jungle jim) but if you get the 56qt. sweaterbox the dimensions of this box is around 24X17X12... the extra 6 inches would allow you alot more room to build/make whatever your heart desired... the 56qt. run a little more at Walmart but not alot around $3 or so...
Now for the holes... what I do is drill from the inside to the out... the reason I do it this way is so that the extra plastic that is not fully cut off from the box can be sanded down... the amount of holes that you put in the box really only depends on your environment that you keep your snakes... the more holes allows more air flow to enter... thus lowering the humidy... the less holes the less air flow and it will have a little more humidy present in the box...
I hope I helped... I know this is sort of long for just a small question... but Im planning on becomeing rich one day so I must practice on how to elongate awnsers!!!:D

This is NOT a hard-and-fast rule, because the size of your snake and water dish have a bearing on the humidity inside the cage, but I think that if you see condensation only on the cold side of the enclosure you probably have enough ventilation. If condensation builds up on all 4 sides I'd think you don't have enough vantilation. This is a rough measure of ventilation though - when in doubt I'd err on the side of too much ventilation (you can always slap a little duct-tape over the extra holes if you find the enclosure is not maintaining heat well yet has more than adequite ventilation.)

I hope that helps!
^Curtis

Back