• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

(s)he's here!!

dragynflye

my snake just got here and i am having the haaaaaardes time just leaving it be! i'm so excited and so glad (s)he made it safely! i was really really worried. i mean, i read everywhere that shipping was perfectly safe, but i was still just terrified! i took the lid off the deli cup and am probibly going to spend the rest of the day on the computer (clear on the other side of the house) just so i'll leave the poor baby alone!

i just wanted to share my excitement! .:does the happy dance around the room:.

Huge congrats! Soon you will be saying, "Hello, my name is Dragynflye and I am a cornsnake addict." *crowd replies: Hello Dragynflye.* :grin01:

Chris

dragynflye said:
.:does the happy dance around the room:.

Did you check to make sure that nobody was watching first? I know that dance. It can be embarrassing.;)

Congrats on the new arrival! It certainly can be hard to leave them alone while they get adjusted.

zwyatt said:
Did you check to make sure that nobody was watching first? I know that dance. It can be embarrassing.;)

no worries, ain't no one around to see me but my critters, and they already know i'm crazy! :crazy02:

i couldn't resist snagging a quick tail shot as (s)he disappeared into the aspen

11august003.jpg

Congradulations! By the look of that tail-shot, it's one pretty snake. I'll certainly look forward to seeing pictures once it's nice and settled.

I know that feeling, having just got my first. Unfortunatly, that feeling only gets worse with time...good luck coping! And good luck with the snake. What morph is s/he?

Paradox said:
What morph is s/he?

haven't the slightest idea. i'm hoping in a few days when i get a better picture y'all can help me with that! the individual i got it from doens't keep corns and so doesn't really know anything about them. i'm starting to be able to recognize some of the different morphs, but most of the time i have no idea!

i did post the pics i was originally sent of him in the photogallery if you wanna take a peek. they're pretty fuzzy, though, so i can't wait until i can get new ones!!!!

i've had the empty viv set up all week, so now that he's completely burried in the aspen somewhere, i can almost pretend it's still empty....

Just think of it from his/her point of view. You're about 50-100 times his/her size, maybe more. That's got to be scary. Take things slowly, and s/he'll settle in much better.

As for the morph, looking at the tail I'd say possibly normal, maybe some sort of het for blooddred? Don't hold me to it, I'm not good with morphs either. But if I'm right all's well, if not, you learn best from your mistakes :)

Back