• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Say Hi to Mahrya my new Pup

Thickscaled

Corny Snake woman
So today's been a fairly good day... aside from being woken up to the weather alert radio going off at about 2:30am waking me up after 3 or so hours of sleep. I got to drive up North to a town about 45min-1hr west of Dallas to pick out my new puppy.

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9465.jpg

She is around 5-6weeks old right now and a Tri-colored Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I've been almost 2 years without a dog in my life and it was time to add one to my life again... that and doctor kinda told me it would help me with some issues I've been having... so here she is.

Her name is Mahrya, a name.. though spelled differently, that my dad had for a German Shepard from Rin Tin Tin's blood lines before he was my dad. I always told myself I'd have my own Mariah one day and on the drive home I was going through names and this name kinda wormed it's way into my head and would not leave my brain alone... so it came to be. I hope she will be as good as my dad's girl was for him.

How cute!!!!! I really like the tri color corgies, we don't see many of them at my clinic. we see alot more of the orange/white ones. Congrats :)

I'm hoping that the breeder didn't allow her to go hoome this early in age. 5 weeks old is entirely too young for a puppy to be separated from siblings and can lead to serious behavioral issues. They learn bite inhibition and proper play behaviors at 4-8 weeks of age. No reputable breeder would EVER let a puppy go at that age. 8-12 weeks is the norm for most breeders. She's a pretty little thing though.

Nope, just got to pick her out. I thought I'd put in there I'm bringing her home Nov 1st guess I spaced on that... 3hrs of sleep will do that to a person as will driving 4hrs to view puppies then 4hrs back xD. She's still with her sisters and single brother (i feel bad for him lol)

Excellent! I'm going out to help work with a puppy that was brought home at less than 6 weeks to try to stave off "5 week old puppy syndrome" Their breeder was not responsible and told her it would be fine.....sigh.....

Gorgeous puppy! Love Corgies, have thought about getting one as my next dog, that or a Westie. Really like the Tricolor version, she looks great.

Thank you, her brown keeps growing on her head so I can't wait to see if she'll go Red head or Black headed. Ether way she's gonna be spoiled rotten and even more so once she's finished her special training and gotten certified.

I'd never get from a breeder who lets them go before 8weeks. I volunteered at a shelter and vet hospital I've seen what happens to them when they're taken to early. I hope that puppy works out, and I think it's great you're helping it ^^

I'll bring my pack to meet her and let her interact with them. Ona, my one ridgeback is excellent with young dogs and Akilah will straighten her out if she gets out of line. She's taking her back to the breeders to play with her siblings as much as possible until the other's go and I've instructed her on how to start teaching her manners now. This is a great Dane puppy that will get very large and one with no bite inhibition is not a good thing!

Ow a Great Dane, I've seen cases with them grown up before. I hope all goes well, glad she's able to take it to play with siblings when she can.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully her new owner will do as much socializing as she can and takes her to puppy classes and obedience. I'll show her how to set rules at her home to help teach the puppy boundaries while she's still small enough to manage. Looking forward to seeing your pup grow up! I have a friend near here that breeds and shows corgis in obedience, agility and conformation. They are cute little dogs.

Back