• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

say if i got rid of my corn....

jasons corn

say i got rid of my corn snake....what other exotic pet could i have two of them in the same tank....2 bearded dragon...lizard....snakes....what could i put together....my old teacher had 3 full grown corns in one tank....about the size tank i have now....shes had hers for 2-3 years in this one tank...eat rugrelly etc...but no problems....there all healthy because they all shed ...eat all at same times ...so im wondering if say i keep my 2 corns in there independent tanks untill there 6 months old...then put them together....would that be ok ? i know chances are you shouldnt....but i realy would like to get another snake

plz contact me at jay1089 with further infomation.....im looking non stop for facts....but if any one has any plz inform me ....ok thanks ~jason~

If you are going to take the time and go to the expense to set up 2 enclosures for 6 months, why not just maintain separate enclosures period?!?

The idea of succesful herp care is to gain enjoyment from the animals while looking out for THEIR well-being.

I have to agree with Starwarsdad...

I had my snow and Okeetee het Snow in one tank for about 3 years with out any problems. But, then i couldn't tell who shed when, who poopped when, and I was always afraid that is one got sick, the other would too, and then I might loose both. All of this was before I knew that corns could be cannablistic. As soon as I found that out, I sepperated them. It isn't much more work to have 2 snakes in seperate enclousers conpared to housing 2 corns in the same tank. And, it is a lot less worry.

On the other hand, if you are going to put them together to live together their whole life, then you are going to want to put them together asap...like as hatchlings...not 6 month olds...This way they have been around each other a lot and know each other very well.

Ultimately, it is going to be your call whether you put them together or not. But, make sure that you do your research and weigh all the pros and cons, and then make an educated decision. But, be aware, that if you do put them together and something does happen to one or both of them...you will probably get a lot of flack from the people on here. Most will be nice about it, but it will still be an "I told you so" type of thing.

Check your PM's. I sent you one earlier today.

Also, to answer your other question....you can put lizards in enclousers together...as long as they are the same size.

if they are the same size, you will have less problems....but the problems still presist.

Why are you so bent on housing them together? Is it just so that you don't have 2 tanks to clean?

I hate to sound like a hard ass, but if you aren't prepared to provide the correct husbandry for 2 snakes, then you need to only stick to one snake.

pcar said:
if they are the same size, you will have less problems....but the problems still presist.

Why are you so bent on housing them together? Is it just so that you don't have 2 tanks to clean?

I hate to sound like a hard ass, but if you aren't prepared to provide the correct husbandry for 2 snakes, then you need to only stick to one snake.

I also agree with Pcar...

You need to be prepared to provide the best care for your animals sake. If you are willing to deal with the circumstances which could occur with housing two snakes together, then that is the choice you would have make and live with.

Years ago, I had two hatchling corns together for many years with no ill effects. However, I could of been lucky too. There are too many cons than pros to deal with on this issue.

Howard

I would not keep 2 males of any species of lizard together. Most species will pretty much fight to the death.

I urge you to think about why you want to house 2 animals together though. Is it for their benefit or yours?

male and female lizards don't usually fight...I have housed multiple anoles together for a number of years and never had a fight...usually about 1 male to 3 or 4 females.

I guess I should clarify that.

Two male lizards of the same species will usually fight to the death if housed together, unless a large (think room sized) enclosure is provided with MANY visual barriers, hides, and shelves/ledges. This is true of most lizards commonly kept in captivity.

pcar said:

i just dont want to have them seperate because they came from the same mother....i dont think your being a hard ass at all....i just figured they would be happy with a brother....becasue i know if you were alone for 3-5 years...youd go insane...the first snake i had was sick from the start....it was my first...never ate on its own.....never pooped (accpet on me) never moved...this one...i just want to be happy

With the exception of some that den together over winter (rattlers and garters to name a few), snakes spend their lives as solitary animals except during the mating season. They do not want or need company.

starwarsdad said:
I would not keep 2 males of any species of lizard together. Most species will pretty much fight to the death.

I urge you to think about why you want to house 2 animals together though. Is it for their benefit or yours?

i was thinking it would be benefit for both because they have one to bond with....and i like to see them together...

I agree with starwarsdad. Snakes are not loving bonding animals. In the wild you do not see "packs" of snakes. People tend to think that thier animals are lonely .. but ya now... they are not. For example I always hear about people wanting to get another turtle because thier first turtle is "lonely". Then they are crying because the new one was aggressive and killed the other. Same with snakes.

Back