• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Say No to reptile shows!

snakemom1961

Spring is here!
Ok, so that was a word of warning to myself really. I hadn't gone to our local reptile show in over a year, I would send my daughter to get our frozen mice for the snakes and I'd stay home.
Well, yesterday I decided to go with my daughter because it is under new ownership and I thought I'd check it out. It does seem to be nicer with more venders(dang it, I can't go if they continue to add vendors).
One of the vendors there was Pangea with all their awesome cresteds. I've been looking at them for awhile now and realized with the food and no lighting requirements that maybe someday that I might want one.
Well, that someday became yesterday. I picked one up for a good pricer(I think) of 30 bucks. It's a tiny little thing that only between 1 - 2 grams. It's too young to be sexed(which doesn't bother me). It's quite red with cream coloring on it's tail.
I can't get any pics as my daughters have my camera at their dads. Hopefully in a week or so after it's settled in I'll be able to get some pics if my daughters remember to bring me my camera.

Now, we need a name. If any of you can help us name the little bugger it would be awesome.

How 'bout "Lil"? As in "l'il bugger"? *grins* Or "L'il B" if it turns out to be male? Or maybe just "Bug"?

Nobody hit me, ok? LOL! Just seems like you named it, already :).

Heck, I don't even know what "it" is! Is it a gecko?

Congrats! Now you know you've just opened yourself up to a whole new addiction, right? I've got two right now, one coming from a breeder in awhile & one picked out at the local pet store. (They are going on sale this Friday for half off, hope the one I want is still there!) On mine's name's, since the first two were unsexed at the time I got them, I decided to do place names as a theme. Country, state, city or county names. You might do something similar.

I also just got my first one about a week or 2 ago!!! I am in love with them. I have been on the hunt since then to find another. They are sooooo fasinating to touch, watch, feed, etc. I named mine Raz. I'm not totally sure of the morph. Someone said he was a buckskin? You could name yours Spice (since she's so red) or Saber if its a boy (my hubby threw that one in lol) Good luck with your new lil booger! haha

Where it's only around 1 to 2 grams, it might not stay red. All of them hatch out red & then go through quite a color change over the next 6 months or so. Also, $30 IS a pretty good deal, especially for one from Pangea.

Thanks all for the responses. You all came up with some great names. I'll have to pass through my daughters and see what they think. He hasn't come out of his foliage yet, but it's only been a little over a day, so I'll try not to worry to much yet.
Thanks again.

Back