• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Scaleless Tesseras

Richard Hume

I have been remiss about posting pictures of these scaleless tesseras from 2015, which are now good sized yearlings. One normal, and two amels, all females.

Thanks for looking!

Rich Hume

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    409.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 78
I like how scaleless cleans up the blotching in normal-patterned animals. Kind of neat to see how the trait causes the tessera striping to wash down the side more and then somewhat take the tessellation of the lateral markings to striping.

Wow they're lovely!

Do you mind if I ask you something? I'm due to receive a scaleless tessera by the end of the month and she has a defined yellow stripe down her back, whereas most of the adults I've seen have patternless backs like yours. Is it normal for hatchlings to have this pattern and lose it as they age, or is this just differences in the tessera expression? Thanks!

Scaleless Tessera

Giga,

Here are 2 pictures of that same snake as a hatchling last year - you can see she looks roughly the same.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_7388S.jpg
    IMG_7388S.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7387S.jpg
    IMG_7387S.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 49
Back