• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

scared the poo out of me

susang

Yesterday I held the new snow for a couple minutes, previous owners said he was a biter and aggressive. No sign of aggression or biting, just curious. Previous owners had no other reptiles. Today I had my female anery out, checking her over weighed her 310 grams. I washed my hands (not arms, although she had been up my arm). I decided to take the snow out again, he was fie until he started up my arm:eek: He flew out of my hand, hubby caught him mid-air, he was thrashing, I fianally got old of him again but he was constant movement. I put him back in his viv, he went under the water dish immediatley.
Was he scared, because he had never smelled another snake??
It was not male/female 'herky jerky', he was thrashing. Seems fine now roaming around his viv. Any ideas.

It's possible, but I've not heard of it before. Considering just how sensitive their sense of "smell" is, I would think that the snow already knew about the other snake long before climbing up your arm. I have had a few of my more flightier snakes suddenly go berserk like you describe, and I've never found the reason why. It just happens. Time and repeated handling can help, but there will always be that odd snake that never adjusts to being handled and will get "freaky" if held for a longer time. Your new snow may be one of those.

Back