• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Scrap wood = Viv!!!

Egan

Here is a pic after we got done today. My grandpa got a bunch of scrap wood from shipping crates from work, and this is what him and I turned it into. Tomorrow we are making one more, then adding the doors, vents, and the other goodies.

Thanks for looking!!

Real cool and a good cheap way to go. Just make sure you coat the wood. esp if the plywood looks like it has pine in it. Which most plywood does. It is bad for most snakes and lizards.

We got some more of it done!!!

cage3.jpg

Casey working hard with some sandpaper!
cage4.jpg

Box #2!
cage2.jpg

The Man of the Hour!!
cage5.jpg

The doors take shape.
cage1.jpg

A different angle.
cage6.jpg

Getting there..
cage7.jpg

She loves her sandpaper.

Real cool and a good cheap way to go. Just make sure you coat the wood. esp if the plywood looks like it has pine in it. Which most plywood does. It is bad for most snakes and lizards.
I'm a carpenter and herper and this is good advice! Not only are the fumes bad, but raw wood will absorb moisture ( urine, spills,) etc.. and you want the sealer or paint ( on the inside of the viv.no stain inside) to be:
1. low or no voc's (gasses from paint)
2. to allow it to dry for at least a month if not longer
3. waterproof

( some people tile the bottom which works well)

good luck, they look very nice!

those are nice setups, they are also Boa worthy..

Here are a few questions.. How do you plan to place the heating for these cages??
Did you seal the wood with any protection? in case water bowl is spilled.

We are getting heating pads with a thermostat, that way we can monitor the heat.. The room they are in is already warm, so it should work out great. I used some poly urethane to seal the inside. They are airing out right now to eliminate the oder.

Jordon that looks really nice!! I can't wait to see it all finished with the snakes in it. Good job!

We are getting heating pads with a thermostat, that way we can monitor the heat.. The room they are in is already warm, so it should work out great. I used some poly urethane to seal the inside. They are airing out right now to eliminate the oder.

cool another thing to look into are Radiant heat panels as well.
16x11panelcomplete.jpg

These are very nice. You set them on the top of the inside of the cage.
http://www.boaphileplastics.com/radiant.html

Back