• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

second clutch

Werner

Corn Crazy !
Hello everybody, My corn has laid his first clutch about 5 weeks ago, can somebody pls tell me what arethe sign that she might lay 2nd clutch ? will she not eat again or shedding signs? She laid about 10 eggs in first clutch and i think their might be a second clutch coming soon but cant tell for sure?

Thx

werner

Look for the usual things like going off food, staying in the laying box and shedding. If you could feel the eggs inside her first time round, then you should be able to feel them again.

Second clutches are usually laid at about the same time the first clutch is hatching. For me, that means the second clutch is usually laid about 8 weeks after the first clutch was laid.

I agree with everything bitsy said, and I will also add that a second clutch generally has significantly fewer eggs than the first clutch, so your snake may not look as big as she did the first time around, but you ought to be able to feel the bumps by now if she is gravid with a second clutch.

i got another 8 eggs. and my first clutch just hatched this morning. he he I will post photo's soon.

Back