• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sectioning off a tank

Discordia

Cute Overload
I have a few questions :) I'm looking at a couple tanks on craigslist and one is a 38 gal (30x12x19 in, $40) and the other is unknown but 48x12x20 ($30). Which one should I get? I'm thinking about going with the 38 gal because of space...

Also, I'm going to be getting a baby snake and I don't want to use the entire tank since it's unnecessary. Does anyone know the best way to section off the tank? I'm thinking about buying a block of wood at Home Depot or something and just moving it back as the snake grows. I'm just worried about cleaning it because it's porous. Maybe a sheet of acrylic instead?

And kind of unrelated, but do you think a male or a female would be best for a first time snake owner? Haha. I've seen people say both but that doesn't help me decide :(

Thankss!

Welcome fellow Arizonian(sp?lol)! I am pretty sure by the measurements of the other one that it is a 55. Either tank would be fine and last the snake it's whole life. As far as male or female IMO it really doesn't matter. I don't see much of a difference in personalities. I have a couple divided tanks they are 100 gals that are in my living and family rooms and they are divided to house 2 snake per tank. I used wood and I haven't noticed a problem yet and those are adult snakes. So with a baby you should be fine for a while. I have a couple babies in large tanks you just want to make sure that you provide lots of hides and plant to help them feel secure.

And kind of unrelated, but do you think a male or a female would be best for a first time snake owner? Haha. I've seen people say both but that doesn't help me decide :( Thankss!

I would say male, simply because of any possible issues due to ovulation or developing infertile eggs. My first snake had a hell of a time in her 3rd year with infertile eggs (slugs).

:eatsmiley

Is there any reason you have to get a baby snake? A yearling or adult is much hardier and easier for your first one.

Males may do a spring time hunger strike when they are sexually mature, which is stressful for the owner the first time you experience that.

Females laying infertile clutches are way more stressful, though!

There's a breeder in my area that I'm planning on buying a snake from, but he didn't have any lavender 2010s :( I considered buying online, but since I had the option, I'd rather go local- less stress for all of us, lol! I would buy a yearling if I knew of any around here...

Christen- I live in Tempe! I didn't know there were any other breeders from Greater Phoenix besides cornsnakesforsale.com; are there any others that you know of?

I know that there is another guy in Phx but he breeds to make money and only ever has snows. He has all kinds of snakes that are not in great shape. You would be better of buying from petco. lol AZ Reptile Center on Dobson and Broadway is another place to look. I know they are limited to. They were more than happy to take some of my babies last year since they have lost many of their corn breeders. But I would still check them out because they quite often get owner surrenders so you could very well get what you are looking for and get an older snake too.

But again if you have your heart set on Lavender don't hesitate on having one shipped. Every one ships next day so it wouldn't take you very long to your baby.

I used silicone caulk to attach a piece of plexi-glass to the tank sides. Comes off easily with a razor blade.

Attachments

• For%20Sale%20001.jpg
    For%20Sale%20001.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 34
I used silicone caulk to attach a piece of plexi-glass to the tank sides. Comes off easily with a razor blade.

I think that's a nice set up, and even if the snakes don't like each other, they can't hurt each other ;)

i know that www.bhbreptiles.com has a wide selection of snakes that seem to be well cared for and they ship across the USA, i think next day delivery. I can't order from them though cause they don't do international orders for inexpensive snakes. ;_;

Back