• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Seeking Help? (desperately needed)

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
Ok, as most know I have to get rid of most if not all my cornsnakes (which I am deseperately trying not to do, because I LOVE the hobby). Anyways, personal circumstances came up and it is a definite need to get the numbers down greatly. I have a chance to do this by a good fellow herper and friend at the Daytona Show. The trip was supposed to be all set and booked (not for this reason), but when I lost well almost everything, I lost that too! I know there is little time left, but I still have my parents watching my daughter. Dilemma, I have no idea how to book a trip...lol Then I doubt there will be a room left, I dont need a whole room, its just me!! Im harmless! Then of course the high price on plane tickets because last minute, if there is any! Is there ANYONE who can help with any of this? I have been a long time member of this board and corns are a great hobby and this is killing me. Then I was so looking forward to this trip, you have no idea! I live near Albany NY. I dont know if anyone is driving? I would love to join the dinner for cornsnake hobbyist, as this will be a one time trip, unfortunately. How do I get snakes down there? I hate this!!!!!!! Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lindsay Bryant

I am a corporate travel agent - if you send me the dates you wanted to fly I can check airfares for you on Monday.

For the rooms - there is a Daytona hotel thread going on - post there and maybe if someone is looking for a roommate you can hook up with them. I have a block of rooms at a hotel, but today is the last day we are guaranteed our rates. After today - they are based on availability. We currently have about 14 people staying at the same hotel. All the info is in that Daytona Hotel Thread as well.

PM me if you have any questions or need any help.

I'm not going this year, but I live about an hour and half from Albany. If you need any local help, or help housing snakes....feel free to send me a pm. Hope things start looking up for you soon! :)

We have one of the one bedroom suite rooms...

at the "cornsnake hotel". We already have two roommates, but I think Katie said they allow up to 5 in a room. We are also trying to save $$$, lol! If the other two are cool with another person, we could split 5 ways - it would be pretty cheap for a nice hotel. You would probably have to sleep on an air mattress, though.

Can't help you about getting down here, though. Maybe you should check with Vin Russo (Cutting Edge Herps) or Rich Hume. They are both from Long Island. They bring a lot of herps, so probably drive. Maybe they have room for another person to help pay gas.

Do we have any member forums for the northeast? If so, that would be a good place to ask, as well.

And here is an offer of a roomie from someone who already has a room:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=908628&postcount=4

As for getting down here, especially with snakes, I don't know how much time ahead of the show you have, or the rest of your situation, but no one says you can't drive down with your vehicle loaded with the snakes. I've done the trip and you can make it in 2 days with 1 overnight on the trip down.

Back