• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sept '07 Blood

Bloodred Dad!

Proud Parent
This is my '07 Bloodred. He is my first corn snake and he's sealed the deal for me and corn snakes. He loves handling (well, if a snake can 'love' handling). He is great with children and he's never bitten anyone (knock on wood) or defecated on anyone either. He's great and a real conversation starter. I'm already ready to get a second snake. I'm going to get a female Phantom. I picked out his name with the intention of him being apart of a pair, so I named him Sampson and her name will be Delilah. lol. He was hatched by Kathy Love in September of last year and I bought him in Jan. He weighs 71g and in all of these pictures it's obvious that he's about to shed. I imagine he'll shed here in the next few hrs actually. I'll have to post a few more pics later today. I just thought I would share the new photos with everyone. Hope you like 'em.

Attachments

• CFP4.jpg
    CFP4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 242
  • CFP1.jpg
    CFP1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 242
  • CFP3.jpg
    CFP3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 242
  • CFP5.jpg
    CFP5.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 243
Gorgeous! It's nice to see Bloods that aren't nasty :p

.lol. Nasty? How so? I just know that I don't care how dark he gets, I just think he's amazing. I never knew owning a snake could be so great. I never thought that it would be rewarding and wow! Sampson has really opened my eyes up and forced me to look at things a little differently, as crazy as that sounds... lol.

I love the pattern on him. Can't wait to see your new snake. After you get your second snake hold off on getting anymore. You don't want to get to many and find out later that you don't and/or can't care for them anymore.

Yeh, you're right. no kidding. Getting snakes sure are addicting! Besides, I can afford to have hundreds of snakes at this point in time : )

Thank you!

Well, he finally shed today. His cycle was a little off this time, I don't know why, but he finally did this morning. The parts in between the dark red (saddles?) are getting fainter and fainter (and I know this already sounds like a stupid question but...) is that what happens? It's kind of sad to see them go in one fail swoop (I've never noticed such sudden changes in him before) even though I've said, "Keep getting darker" over and over again(lol).
I'll post pics of what he looks when he's not about to shed. : )

Thank you!

Well, he finally shed today. His cycle was a little off this time, I don't know why, but he finally did this morning. The parts in between the dark red (saddles?) are getting fainter and fainter (and I know this already sounds like a stupid question but...) is that what happens? It's kind of sad to see them go in one fail swoop (I've never noticed such sudden changes in him before) even though I've said, "Keep getting darker" over and over again(lol).
I'll post pics of what he looks when he's not about to shed. : )

Yup, that's what happens with a bloodred.. the red is suppose to eventually fade those out on them. I think it's a shame that none of the babies keep their wild, bright, contrasty colours into adulthood. Although there are a handful that keep getting better with age :)

Yup, that's what happens with a bloodred.. the red is suppose to eventually fade those out on them. I think it's a shame that none of the babies keep their wild, bright, contrasty colours into adulthood. Although there are a handful that keep getting better with age :)
Diminished pattern and low-to-zero contrast should be the goal for bloodreds/diffuseds! There are enough high-contrast morphs out there! ;)

He is beautiful. I LOVE that patch of "messed up" saddles, it gives him such character. He really is a beauty.
(If you can find a phantom that is het bloodred, you would get half bloodred babies and insure phamtom bloods in the F2)

Diminished pattern and low-to-zero contrast should be the goal for bloodreds/diffuseds! There are enough high-contrast morphs out there! ;)

LOL Well, I'd like to see a bloodred motley... well actually a granite or pewter motley, but wouldn't do much good if the motes went away :D

He is beautiful. I LOVE that patch of "messed up" saddles, it gives him such character. He really is a beauty.
(If you can find a phantom that is het bloodred, you would get half bloodred babies and insure phamtom bloods in the F2)
That sounds like what I might actually do. But I'm not quite sure what all of that means. lol. Can you explain what the F2 is? I'm sooo new to the lingo and the understanding and how in depth owning snakes can go. I just love it (even though I'm just not very informed other than through few books and personal experience with my own.lol.).

Also, the broken saddles on his neck... if you look at the second picture (lower left corner) in this post, you can see that it does it again further down toward the tail. It used to be so tiny of a pattern and now it's so obvious. It kind of stinks they go away, but that's definitely encouraged me to take more pictures. Enjoy it why it lasts, you know? Well, here are those new pics for after he shed.

Attachments

• Great side.jpg
    Great side.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Wrapping up.jpg
    Wrapping up.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CFP7.jpg
    CFP7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 45
  • CFP8.jpg
    CFP8.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 44
Well, I've decided that I'm just going to update this thread with pictures of Sampson instead of starting another one. I like the idea of looking back and seeing his progression and his growth. So I'm sharing with everyone. And you'll get to see it real-time. :)

I posted pictures before and after his last shed and this time I took pictures only after. Also, instead of taking pictures in his viv, I decided that a couple pictures of him eating would be quite interesting to have. So I took them.

Ya'll (you don't have to guess where I'm from now, do you? ;) ) told me once he gets a little older I'd start noticing a more prominent change shed to shed... well, you guys were right. Woot! Woot! I think I am starting to notice the change. I had it fixed in my head that it was going to be change on a large scale every shed, so I didn't notice the little changes. Does that make sense? Now, however, I think that I am starting to notice a difference and that's what counts!!!

Okay I realize there isn't anything fantastic or exciting about a cardboard feeder box background, but here's the pictures anyway: :cheers:

Attachments

• Constriction.jpg
    Constriction.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Eating.jpg
    Eating.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Post Consumtion.jpg
    Post Consumtion.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 26
Back