• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sexing help

im sorry if this is in the wrong forum i wasnt sure where to put it. but how can i sex my snake i dont know if its male or female. ive read that u can tell form the shape/length of the tale. so if i posted a pic would someone on here be able to tell me? thanks.

Depending of the age of the snake you would need to probe or pop it. The best thing to do would be to find a breeder or reptile vet in your area and get them to show you how its done. It takes a little practice at first. I personally don't sex by the way the tale looks or its shape.

Sexing a corn snake by the length of it's tail, is not an accurate means of being sure. It might give you a idea on which sex it is. To be sure your going to have to get your snake probed or popped, which should only be done by an experienced handler. To give you some idea, the first picture is a male( note how the tail is longer and slimmer). Second picture is a female.

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 51
Back