• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sharing a Tank?

Twoboyz

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on two corns sharing a tank. I have read on these boards and elsewhere that corns should be housed in separate tanks. However I was at the Wheaton All Animal Show today and two separate breeders said that they can share a tank as long as they are fed separately. I have a 20 gal tank and a 10 gram cornsnake. Wouild it cause problems if I put another one in there with him? Or are they just happier and healthier when alone? That's my main concern.

Thanks

Corn snakes are solitary by nature only coming together to breed. They prefer to be alone and cohabbing can cause many problems, from as small as the snake being stressed to as big as cannibalism. I don't cohab, and I don't like it but I know of many who do and don't have a problem with it. However it isn't a problem till it becomes one, they may have tons of luck, but that isn't to say that you will. It is best to give each snake its own space in my opinion.

I was reading earlier today in the DIY section about some owners who installed dividers into their existing (larger) tanks in order to provide space for two snakes, but generally opinion seems to lean heavily towards not cohabitating.

Shenzi, there is no right way to cohabitate corn snakes. They're solitary animals who don't enjoy each others company and it only stresses them out to be housed together.

Back