• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

She Ate Some Substrate !!!!

chuck1289

I'm Old Greggggggg
I was feeding bell like usual the other day then i noticed a piece of substrate was going down with the pinkie!!! Though the piece was only about 4 mm maybe 3 mm.Im a little worried about this,will she be able to digest it? Or should i do something about this?.Thanks

Nothing you can really do at the moment except wait. If one bit of organic matter (my assumption) is normally lethal to corns, they'd probably be extinct already. But why risk it? Consider feeding in something without any substrate.

Good luck.

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that!
I hope she is ok.

Yet another reason I like newspaper!
(with so many snakes buying aspen would put me in the poorhouse)

She should be ok. Next time, feed her in a separate container free of substrate; like a deli cup or a gladware tub with some small holes poked in it.

should be okay but you don't want to make it a practice, listen to the good advice already mentioned on here. :)

You want a real treat, you should try to remove aspen that is stuck to a rosy minnow that a ribbon snake has partway down it's mouth backward. The snake was freaking out, the fish was freaking out, and I was freaking out. I switched his viv over the very next day since you can't feed them out of the enclosure (at least decently).

As already said, to avoid anything like this again, feed in a seperate container. Just make sure the other container has sufficient ventilation holes :)

Ahhh she is fine now i saw the piece in her poop lol. Bell has always refused to eat outside of her viv:(

Back