• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

she finally shed

The Newguy

I noticed that Synder (my a little over a year old amel) was looking dull one day about a week and a half ago then she cleared up three days ago and stayed that way and nothing happened so i thought she must of changed her mind and decided it wasnt time to shed.lol. i got home yesterday and there was two halves of the shed in the tank. The only problem is i dont see the tip of the tail in it but the eye caps are so thats a good thing.:dgrin:

Awesome. Also, tail tip is more important than eye caps. The tail tip MUST come off or the corn is likely to lose its tail due to it losing circulation and falling off. Eye caps almost ALWAYS come off after 1-3 sheds after the first failed one. And actually, my corn's retained eye cap came off last shed when she went blue, but before shedding.

Ive ran my finger nail along her tail and didnt get anything plus I cant see any color change from the rest of her to her tail. Maybe it came off in a different spot and I cant see it

Hrm, if the shed was still attatched to the tail you'd probably see it, but since you're a "new guy", just to be sure, wet a wash cloth and have her slither through it a few times.. especially around the tail.
That should do the trick if there are any old parts of the shed lingering on.

Next time she looks like she's about to shed make her a moist hide. All you need is some sphagnum moss and any plastic container such as an old yogurt cup. Cut an opening in the yogurt cup, soak the moss, ring the moss out so it's not dripping wet, then put the damp moss into the yogurt cup. Secure the lid and place in your corn's home.

Sounds like she needed a little extra moisture though. Even if you dampen moss and put it around the viv, if it's not in a container it will dry out pretty quickly. You don't need to have the moist hide in at all times, just place it in her viv right after her eyes clear up the next time she's about to shed.

Back