• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

she passsed it!

JCam99

Good News! My female finally passed the last egg 8 days after laying the main batch. I'm glad now I did the 'benign neglect' thing as Rich does with his females, and didn't do something more invasive. It's a huge nasty egg, it looks like a small egg kind of attached to a normal sized egg at a weird angle, really weird. The small egg section is yellow, obviously a slug, and the normal part is white and healthy looking, but a bit mushy. I'll go ahead and incubate the thing for a little while and see if anything develops. The big girl is in her nest box in the process of shedding, she's been eating like a pig through the whole ordeal but I gotta admit looks pretty happy having that thing out of her now. I like happy endings.

All my females this year have been bred. I have one very gravid female, one ovulating, and one that just mated tonight. My males are due for a nice long rest.

BYe for now
Jcam99

Congrats~
always a good thing to know that the female has passed an egg that was bound~

glad to hear the good news - congratulations - you must be very relieved!

did you take a picture of the weird egg?

Skye

Hey

I went ahead and threw the egg away this morning. It started really smelling and turned completely yellow. When I picked it up it literally turned to mush in my hands. So I didnt get any good pics of it. Oh well...i have a whole incubator full of eggs right now. Should get some neat stuff this year.

The girl that laid that egg appears to be ovulating again, which I DONT want. Either that or she is just getting her weight back up really fast. Guess I'll just wait and see.

Later
Jcam99

Back