• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shed Problem

Bailey's Dad

My adult corn has a shed problem which has not happened before (see photo).
The humidity during shed period was between 60 -70 and I have not had this happen before. Could it be due to him eating just before he shed?

What is the best thing to do ? I have added wet sphagnum moss to his hide.

Comments please.

View Image Here

Pop him in a 'snake-o-bath' after he's finished digesting. (That'll be his feeding tub with a wet washcloth) The unshed skin should come off after 15 minutes or so

Attachments

• snakeobath.JPG
    snakeobath.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 47
In order to prevent this from happening again make a moist hide. Place the moist hide in your snake's viv around the time that it goes into blue.

They're really easy, here's how to make one..
  1. Find an empty plastic container that has a lid (ex margarine tub).
  2. Cut a hole in the side of the tub just large enough for your snake to crawl in
  3. Buy some Sphagnum Moss (found at any local pet store or at online terrarium suppliers).
  4. Soak the moss in warm water
  5. Wring out the moss so that it is damp but not dripping wet
  6. Place the moss in the plastic tub
  7. Secure the lid of the plastic tub
  8. Place the moist hide in your snake's viv!

The moist hide will provide a perfect high humidity area for your snake to go when it needs to. The humidity and the moss will hydrate your snake and provide a rough surface for the snake to easily shed. Moist hides work really well in large glass aquariums that have trouble holding humidity. My snakes seemed to really enjoy their moist hides back when I used them.

Back