• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shed & regerg

LionessModeling

If a corn is h
Going into shed is it normal for it to regugitate it's food?

My anery regerged 2 times and just shed it's skin.

It's been about 14 days now without it keeping a meal down should I try and feed now that it's finished it's shed?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Regurgitates are bad news I would wait 5 days with no handling and check temps with more than two thermometers and if everything was good try again and if that comes back up a trip to the vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the biggest issues I have seen with corns are temps and cleanliness

And I would also say if you smoke do it outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours after feeding and so far so good no regerg and is in his heated hide temp of hide is 25.1°C
Trying to lower tank temp to between 24°C and 26°C
RIGHT NOW tank temp is 28°C
Has 2 water features.
Has 1 log.
Fake leaves.
Coconut substrate.

16 hours after feeding and so far so good no regerg and is in his heated hide temp of hide is 25.1°C
Trying to lower tank temp to between 24°C and 26°C
RIGHT NOW tank temp is 28°C
Has 2 water features.
Has 1 log.
Fake leaves.
Coconut substrate.

25.1°C = 77°F

24°C = 75°F
26°C = 78°F

28°C = 82°F

The heated (warm) hide should be 28-29 C. The rest of the enclosure should be 22-24 C but as long as it is cooler than the warm side even 25 is okay. He needs that proper warm hide temperature. Making it too cool can result in another regurge. Do not disturb him or handle him.

The heated (warm) hide should be 28-29 C. The rest of the enclosure should be 22-24 C but as long as it is cooler than the warm side even 25 is okay. He needs that proper warm hide temperature. Making it too cool can result in another regurge. Do not disturb him or handle him.
Okay thank you and he is still in the hide.
I turned up the temp on the hide

why are you trying to lower the temp?

A Corn snake needs a temp of about 83 to 88 degrees (F) For proper digestion.

the lower temp of 24 to 26 degrees (C) would be ok for the cool side of the cage, but the other side should stay around 30 degrees (C).

Your snake will then have an option, if he wants to cool down he can go to the cool side and if he's trying to digest his food he will go to the warm side.

Improper temps is one of the reason snakes regurgitate.

why are you trying to lower the temp?

A Corn snake needs a temp of about 83 to 88 degrees (F) For proper digestion.

the lower temp of 24 to 26 degrees (C) would be ok for the cool side of the cage, but the other side should stay around 30 degrees (C).

Your snake will then have an option, if he wants to cool down he can go to the cool side and if he's trying to digest his food he will go to the warm side.

Improper temps is one of the reason snakes regurgitate.
Trying to warm up the hide it's at 23.8°C = 77°F and climbing
The main area is at 27°C = 80°F

You should have several "Hides." at least 1 on the warm side, 1 on the cool side, and preferably another one in between. (You can't have too many hiding spaces, the more the better.)

You should have several "Hides." at least 1 on the warm side, 1 on the cool side, and preferably another one in between. (You can't have too many hiding spaces, the more the better.)
I have a water hide and cave hide a a water bowl and lots of fake plants and a log

Update!!!

Humidity 53%
Main tank area 28°C = 82°F
Heated hide 24°C = 77°F and slowly rising.

So far so good still hasn't regerged his meal and is in the heated hide so it's been almost 24 hours now since being fed.
65c9a6d604d11a34e4935390338de2e2.jpg

Back