• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

shedding alot!!!

sueb

I got my corn in february 2002, and since i got her she has shed 4 times. Her first was on feb 25, then again on may 6, then on june 26, and finally on july 31. Is this normal? In the book that i have, "Reptiles Keepers Guides, Corn Snakes", by R.D. and Patricia Bartlett, it says that an adult corn should shed 3 to 4 times a year. Well she has already shed 4 times since feb.!!!! and it is only august now! So how many more times will she shed this year?? Does it just mean that she is getting bigger?? She is already over 4 feet long! How long will she get? Please if you can answer this i would love to hear from you! Thanks!

Sounds to me like she's still growing or else has had a skin injury and is trying to heal it back up. Remember that 3-4 times a year is an average and not an exact figure. Shedding quite often isn't anything to worry about as it doesn't harm the snake. You might want to take a look at her to see if she has suffered from any skin injuries recently.

Does your snake seem to be getting mites a lot? Mites will cause a snake to shed its skin repeatedly inorder to get rid of them. Another reason is if you a speed feeding your snake.. Feeding it faster than it should in order to make it grow faster.. By doing that the snake would be growin very fast an sheddin a lot..Speed Feeding reduces the life time of the animal by the way

I feed her 2 adult mice once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks, so no i am not speed feeding her! And no she does not have any mites. We keep her very clean. I bath her once a week, and i have never seen a mite on her or in her tank! Like i said, she is very clean! :D and happy i kight add! Maybe she is just growing ! How long should she get? It doesn't tell me in the book that i have. So what is the average length of a full grown corn? Does anyone know the average length of corns? Or the longest that they can get? Thanks.

NO PROBS

HIYA ALL.

My 2 1/2 year old female gets fed 1 adult mouse once a week andsheds once a month regular as clockwork no probs.....

.............................STEVE

my 11 week old is on 2 pinks once a week and my eight week old is on 1 pink once a week twig the oldest one sheds 1 a month not sure about sirus only got him 2 days ago!

hello

I think your adult is just growing. Her previous owner might not have been feeding her as much as you do.

bmm

Back