• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

shedding im worrrrried

shusha

hi my snake is shedding i just noticed from its eyes ...its kinda acting werid it hardly moves is that normal>?? and i need more advice abt wat to do coz its shedding for the first time and i have no idea wat to do and im kinda worried coz it never moves ......please reply

Reactions: CAV
Don't worry:) It's normal for them to get quiet around that time.
Try not to disturb him/her. You don't have to do anything, just make sure he/she has clean water. If he/she acts hungry feed if not don't worry about it. Some will eat and others won't.

shedding

thank alicia but i fed it like 3 days ago.. do i stil have to feed it wen it finishes shedding.....??? and how long does it take to shed...??

It depends on what stage it's in. If the eyes are now "blue" it will be approx a week. It's ok to wait till after the shed to feed. Most of mine will not eat during the shedding process. They really just like to be left alone. But they are really hungry when they finish:D Young snakes go thru the shedding cycle pretty fast and older snakes seem to take forever:)

If you've just noticed the eyes and it's a hatchling then it'll probably be just a couple of days before shedding takes place. It would be a good idea to feed after shedding as, lot of the time, corns' appetites reappear with a vengeance.

Hi Shusha,
Like everyone said they do get very quite when they are about to shed. They may also get a little defensive because with their eye caps cloudy they cant see very well.
I try to keep a small ( depending on the size of the snake ) container with damp moss in each viv. My snakes pretty much live in there just before a shed.
Jimmy C.

You can also use damp paper towels if you don't have moss. My snake really likes to hang out in this "humidity chamber", and she does get very quiet and won't eat before shedding.

dont worry they do get a bit moody around shedding time im quite lucky mine just get lazy never been bitten around sheding time and they both feed through shedding aswell

dont worry at all he/she is fine!:D

Back