• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding issue w/tip of tail

Druantia

Hey guys. First off, thanks for all the good advice you didn't know you were giving me. I think I've had a pretty good handle on things so far with my first snake, and anytime I was anxious about something your posts reassured me that I was doing the right thing.

Now for the request for help - yesterday I noticed that the very tip of Pandora's tail hadn't completely shed (she last shed a few days ago). I read recently about some of you letting your corns go for a swim so I decided to give it a shot, hoping it would 1. give her some exercise and 2. soften the skin on her tail so I could rub it off. Well she loved bath-time and when I took her out and let her slither through a paper towel the skin on her tail came off as expected. Unfortunately it looks like the tip had remained during the last few sheds because it is really raw looking and there is an indent where the skin came off. It's only the very-very end. Should I just put a little peroxide on it a few times a day and hope for the best? Or is it vet time?

Poor thing - I feel so bad for not noticing it before. TYIA everyone!

Sorry Nanci. I thought I was quoting your first post with the link to the other thread and wasn't paying attention. Ignore me. :) Thanks!

Back