• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding problems and not eating...

DarrenHyland

Hey,

My corn snake escaped and we found him a month later 2 doors away. When I got him back, I instantly hooked him up with heating, water and bedding and offered him a mice.

I notice he has skin damage and the end of his tail is black. He is thinner than before he escaped but he isn't accepting food. He's declined food 4-6 times in a row and he's not moving a lot, but he's alive.

I sometimes run my finger down the outside of the tank or tap it to make sure he's alive and well, which makes him move. He's got energy as he darts around the tank when I put my hand in to pick him up.

About his shedding. I can see he has air pockets where his skin is dead, and it is VERY loose, but it's still attached and he hasn't shed it for around 3 weeks. It's been loose for many weeks now.

I'm guessing he's refusing food because of the shedding, but I'm worried as he hasn't ate for some time.

Any advice? Thanks.

It could be from the shedding , the reason why he isn't eating. For the shedding thing i would soak him in some water to help the skin. As far as being skinny yes he hasnt eaten in a month i would be skinny to :) The tail being black there is not telling..Your best bet is to take him to a vet and get him cked out.Pictures also would be handy.

It could be from the shedding , the reason why he isn't eating. For the shedding thing i would soak him in some water to help the skin. As far as being skinny yes he hasnt eaten in a month i would be skinny to :) The tail being black there is not telling..Your best bet is to take him to a vet and get him cked out.Pictures also would be handy.

Yeah. I'll do that shortly and see if it works. I'll also try get a camera for the pictures. Haha, indeed you would, but it's all just a big mess together. I hope he's alright. I'll look into the vet too.

Thanks for the help.

This sounds like what happened to mine when he was gone for only 3 days. The tip of the tail was black. No sign of a shed left on it. It was just black at the tip. :confused: It finally fell off. HTH's.

Back