• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding question.

Sir Crx

Ive got my striped on August 16, and he couldn't be better. He has eaten every time on schedule, very active, goes to the bathroom and nothing out of the ordinary.

When I started to see his skin get cloudy and a day later his eyes turned to the blue that I hear happens just before shedding. So I put him in his viv and let him there for about 2 days without handling. Today I peeked in to see how he was doing and his skin looked bright and full of color. His eyes were back to normal. I assumed he shed. It was also time for change of substrate & tank cleaning, but one thing i was concerned of...i couldnt find his shed. I looked throught all the old substrate and couldnt find anything. :shrugs:

Any ideas? Is there a possibility of him eating his skin? Is it bad if he did? Should I worry?

Yeah, he hasn't shed yet. My tends to clear up just be for the shed. give it a little more time.

Hi.

I am not sure if he ate the shed or not. But my hatchling, Uno, was in the blue (eyes were blue, body milky) and his eyes cleared soon after. I didnt notice any shed either. I did notice when I held him his skin was brittle and rough. So I soaked him in warm water for about 10 minutes and let him be the rest of the night. I woke up this morning to a newly shedded snake.

Green Bean said:
Hi.

I am not sure if he ate the shed or not. But my hatchling, Uno, was in the blue (eyes were blue, body milky) and his eyes cleared soon after. I didnt notice any shed either. I did notice when I held him his skin was brittle and rough. So I soaked him in warm water for about 10 minutes and let him be the rest of the night. I woke up this morning to a newly shedded snake.

I just fed him about an hour ago, now what should I do?

I just got some valuble information from Hurley. Thank you!

I think ive pretty much got my answer now.

Leave him alone.

While you are leaving him alone, take the time to read the FAQ at the top of the forums. You'll find the answer to 99% of your questions there.

BeckyG said:
Leave him alone.

While you are leaving him alone, take the time to read the FAQ at the top of the forums. You'll find the answer to 99% of your questions there.

Thanks but the answer to my question wasn't in the faq. :rolleyes:

Back