• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding Question!

Malaika

Sonno Eterno
Quick question!

I was holding Isha yesterday, which also happened to be the day he finally shed (pics coming soon maybe!). I noticed that as I held Isha, he was markedly different. He seemed startled and was rushing to get down to the floor. He has never 'run' in my hands before. I asked my boyfriend, who had been in the house all day, if anything had startled Isha earlier. He told me that he had heard that snakes are very sensitive after they shed. I had never heard this before and I'm horrified that I may have been hurting my little one. Help!

Hehe, I dunno if they are senstitive after they shed that may be the case but snakes after they shed are a lot more active.

Many of us like to take our newly-shed snakes out for a photo shoot as soon as they shed. I've heard that too, that they are sensitive, but never seen any different reactions in my snakes. I bet they feel happy to have it off! I am positive you didn't hurt your snake by handling him.

Nanci

hm

Do you think there's another reason why he was acting so strangely? Or was he just not in the mood to be handled? I hope I didn't tick him off.

Maybe he just wanted to get on the floor! Hungry? Were your hands hot or cold?? I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe he just had extra energy.

Nanci

Back