• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding withouth soaking?

Stock350

Modern Day Cowboy
I may be wrong, but before a snake sheds, dont they curls up in their water dish for a while to help loosen up the skin?

Well, this evening, Demeter started to find her way out of her hide and as I looked over, I noticed shehad started to shed her skin. I was amazed, but also worried because I never witnessed her eyes blue-ing over or she didnt even soak in her waterdish. Now, I work 10-12 hour days, nearly 5-6 days a week, so there is a good chance I could have missed some of this.

Has anyone else all of a sudden witnessed a shedding and had not see any prior symptoms leading up to it? :cheers: :devil01:

Yes, snake shed with out soaking. You must of miss the snake going blue. Every thing sounds normal to me.

I've never seen my snake soaking in his water bowl once, and he always sheds fine :)

When they all of a sudden start shedding when you arent expecting to, i call it a stealth shed :p

Yes, I missed her eyes blue-ing over. She spends a lot of time in her hide. But, that will all change when I get her a new Vivarium, plush with shrubbery, tree branches, larger water dish and a larger hide. She will be in heaven.

One of my snakes usually submerges herself in her water dish after a shed for a while. I offered her goggles but she decided to go with a duckie.

Back