• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

shedding.

annie

Hi every one . I have just got my first corn. been wanting one
for a long time and finaly got one.

I got my corn home and put her in a new home did everything i was told. Went out and then got a call that she had shed her first skin.
Now she shed her whole skin except the end of her tail. Is there anything i can do for her to help with the rest.?

How long after her first shed should i feed her . They said i should wait three days after i got her home.But now she has shed I am not sure when i should feed her.

My first snake and want to do the best for her.

You could give your snake a bath in room temp water and let her crawl through some towels. If that doesn't work then you should maybe try peeling it off yourself <b>gently</b>.

Usually, people say you should leave your snake for about a week before feeding and I agree. Just give it another few days to settle and then feed.

Maybe you should try to increase the humidity in the vivarium a little...? Could be a reason that the skin didn´t come off in one piece...

Regards
Ant

Shedding Corn

My six month old corn had some difficulties shedding this last time. I noticed she got the first 3 inches off, but then was stuck. I put her in a bath at room temperature, and she finished shedding within 30 minutes. All except her tail. So I put her in another bath, and gently grasped her tail and the skin came off.

I am going to up the humidity in her cage so that this does not happen again.

Hope this helps!

It doesn't really sound like a humidity problem if almost all the skin is coming off in one piece and just leaving the tail- just a bit of a problem area. You may find that your snake sheds perfectly next time or that it always has this problem. I have a problem shedder myself; I've tried everything but she still struggles.

shedding

i personally would try to give het a nice warm bath and try to get the last piece of sheb off...
another thing you could do is...wait till the next shed...see if it comes of naturaly then...but bij then it really should come off...if not...well then follow the former instruction...bath het nice and warm...and try to get it off...
but for now...wait till it gets off with the next shedding...no need to harm the snake with a stressful situation as getting her rid of a little piece of shed...
maris

If you leave it on...

it can cut off the circulation and make the tip of her tail fall off. You be better off making sure it comes off this time...soaking her is not very stressful and usually the left over skin will come off pretty easily.

Back