• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

She's cute... she's sticky...

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
...she's Haley, of course!

Cresties are insane. They are eyeball licking, hopping, mad creatures. I was going to get a second this year but I just bought a car so finances are tight. Maybe later on in the year.

I had Haley out for a little while earlier and wanted to share a few pics. She leaped on my hair and climbed all over my head - she has a thing for pouncing on your face!! :rofl:

Here's the silly girl. 3.5yo olive harlequin crestie. I will admit that I wasn't sure when I first bought her but now I am really enjoying her company.

haley9.jpg

haley8-1.jpg

MY finger...

haley2-1.jpg

LOL ;)

haley1-1.jpg

(More in the next post)

Then I just let her go a-wandering....

She took a shine to my soft toy fox... yes I know, soft toys at my age!! :rofl:

haley5-1.jpg

haley6-1.jpg

haley7-1.jpg

Then it was back to sit on my lap...

haley4-1.jpg

"Time to put me back in my viv, please!!"

haley3-1.jpg

Hope someone got a smile out of these! Thanks for looking!

Haha! Thanks! I was trying to catch her licking her tongue and this was what I got...

Anyone who feels the urge to do a LOLCrestie is more than welcome. ;)

That is the cutest smile on a reptile I have ever seen. It looks like it's having so much fun. Almost like it's on a roller coaster or swing set going "weeeeeeee" lol.

Definately cute. That must be a female I'm assuming...

That is the cutest smile on a reptile I have ever seen. It looks like it's having so much fun. Almost like it's on a roller coaster or swing set going "weeeeeeee" lol.

Definately cute. That must be a female I'm assuming...

Thank you!! It was just a lucky shot - I was actually trying for an eye-lick picture but she turned her head suddenly!

Yes, this is a female ;)

I have such a hard time. My snake is the biggest tongue flicker in the world and I'ma lways trying to get it tongue out but I just miss it or it ends up blurry as can be because how fast it has the tongue going and normally it's right before it pulls it back in.

Can never time those shots to save my life.

Other than that my snake doesn't have too many signature shots that I can think of that are worth getting. Although it does have a curious deal where for some reason it has to stretch out and get it's face right in front of the lens on my camera. I don't know whether its the flash or what but it's always like, "what the heck is goin' on"?

Great looking crestie. They are definitely one of my favorite species. I love my crestie, even though he is a really picky eater. And you're right on about the hopping, but it's one of the cool things about them. If you can take all the "oh crap" moments as he leaps out of your hands, lol.

I have such a hard time. My snake is the biggest tongue flicker in the world and I'ma lways trying to get it tongue out but I just miss it or it ends up blurry as can be because how fast it has the tongue going and normally it's right before it pulls it back in.

Can never time those shots to save my life.

Other than that my snake doesn't have too many signature shots that I can think of that are worth getting. Although it does have a curious deal where for some reason it has to stretch out and get it's face right in front of the lens on my camera. I don't know whether its the flash or what but it's always like, "what the heck is goin' on"?

My snakes always stretch towards the camera as well. It seems to fascinate them.

Does your camera have a 'burst' feature, whereby it takes a whole series of shots in one go? Ths makes getting a tongue shot much easier. I used to have burst and it was great but my new camera doesn't have it.

Awesome shots! :flames:

Thanks!

Great looking crestie. They are definitely one of my favorite species. I love my crestie, even though he is a really picky eater. And you're right on about the hopping, but it's one of the cool things about them. If you can take all the "oh crap" moments as he leaps out of your hands, lol.

Thanks Duff! Haley was a very picky eater when I first got her but she settled in well and she's now wolfing down her food with no problems.

I will admit that the hopping and jumping unnerved me slightly at first because I had never really handled lizards before and I was used to animals that didn't suddenly kangaroo from my hands! I learnt to relax with her though and I pretty much let her do whatever as long as she isn't going to hurt herself or get lost.

Shes a gorgoues crestie, and a total chunky monkey. Do you feed her everyday?

I love when crestie pounce on your face, its adoreable.

I really, really need one of those...When I saw your thread title, I knew it had to be a crestie or a snail!

Thanks guys!

Elle, I give fresh food every other day. She is quite a big girl. She was fed on insects and baby food before I got her, but I've switched her on to the CGD. :)

Haley is so cute! Definitely put a smile on my face.

I've never seen a Crestie in person. I like the shots with her on your hand...they really show how big she is. Beautiful animal! :)

Haley is so cute! Definitely put a smile on my face.

I've never seen a Crestie in person. I like the shots with her on your hand...they really show how big she is. Beautiful animal! :)

Thank you! I saw some baby cresties the other day and they were TINY compared to Haley. It really is amazing how much they grow.

Thanks guys!

Elle, I give fresh food every other day. She is quite a big girl. She was fed on insects and baby food before I got her, but I've switched her on to the CGD. :)

Shes a wee fatty ;) What weight is she?

I have read articles on crestie diets and the general concensus is that insects tend to really fatten them up. It sort of defets the purpose of keeping a gecko that doesnt need to eat live food LOL

CGD is amazing stuff. My friend makes it in bulk mixes with various fruits and puts it into ice cube trays, freezes it and defrosts it when needed. I think its a great idea!

Shes a wee fatty ;) What weight is she?

I have read articles on crestie diets and the general concensus is that insects tend to really fatten them up. It sort of defets the purpose of keeping a gecko that doesnt need to eat live food LOL

CGD is amazing stuff. My friend makes it in bulk mixes with various fruits and puts it into ice cube trays, freezes it and defrosts it when needed. I think its a great idea!

Not sure what weight she is - I keep meaning to weigh her but haven't got round to it yet. She's not so heavy she can't make startling leaps at my face though. ;)

Yeah - baby food isn't very good for them, either. I think it's just too sugary. She was kept as a display animal in a local pet shop - it is a good shop as they go but I really don't think she got out of her cage very often to stretch her little legs.

CGD is definetly a lifesaver - saves so much time and Haley seems to like it. I usually give her the T-Rex stuff but I do have some Repashy knocking about somewhere.

Back