• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

shes restless..

Abbya

whenever i take out my girl corn nephi, she always has to roam. people are always paosting about snakes napping in thier lap or hiding in their shirt. but neph is always trying to get away from me. not fast like she has to escape, i think shed just prefer to hide somewhere else.
is this part of her 'personality' or is it just because she's young? or maybe i don't handle her enough and shes just not used to me.
im just curious. thanks for any replies.
-abbya

Corns will hardly ever just sit on a persons lap. Pictures you see like that are taken probably 2 seconds after the snake got there, and 2 seconds before it took off.

Corns are a travelling snake and love to explore. My friendlist of cornsnakes still doesn't like sitting still. :D

bmm

I do have a snake that likes to roam a lot, but I did find if I hold her after taking a shower and putting close on (no I am not some sicko) LOL...she will curl up on my shoulder for a good ten to fifteen minutes while I am watching tv or reading. I think she does that because of the warmth from me just taking a hot shower, but it has happened a couple times...so, it is possible.

My snake goes all over the place or he'll sit still on my hand for a few seconds but personally if hes on me n sits still that's a good time to put him back as he becomes a little too relaxed for my liking and one thing leads to another and snake waste isn't pleasant lol!

Rach:)

If a corn snake becomes still and just lays there in your lap like a pet kitten, it's time to get up...Quick! The snake's about to dump a load all over you.

Pazoozoo will sit still for a minute or two, and he has not dumped on me yet. I love it because to me it means that he is O.K. with being held, and not trying to find a way to get away from me!!

My snake will relax sometimes, but most of the time he's trying to explore. Yesterday i had him on my bed.....saw his tail rise....but I was too late to stop the poop. ( first time he's ever went to the washroom out of his viv) Yuck.:(

Back