• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shiny brand new

Alfheim

Wannabe Norwegians
Hi there-
My name is Stephanie and I am pretty darned new to the corn snake world.
My husband Avery is a middle school science teacher and this all started as something to have displayed in his classroom. Well, we got little Amber (not the most original name for an amber corn snake, but what can I say?) and decided that we don't want her to leave the house. We had a milk snake for a while, but while pretty, it wasn't a fun animal to have around. That means we have an empty tank just waiting for "Rob" the male corn snake. (yeah, reality TV junkies, don't hate me because of it).
A bit about ourselves, we live on a farm in Western WA and raise Icelandic sheep. We also show Italian Greyhounds and Ibizan hounds. Our lives pretty much revolve around the dogs. We also have a Norwegian fjord horse and a giant african millipede (Nordismann and Stanley, respectively).
Anyway, I have a ton of newbie snake questions and am tired of lurking.
Oh, I'd post a picture of little Amber, but have no clue as to how.

Welcom

So glad to hear of the new addition. For the picture question, if you post a reply scroll down to additional options. There is a button that states, "Manage Attachments." Just click on that and it should take you from there. Very similar to an attachment in an email. Any further questions just ask. Anyone around here will be willing to help :grin01: :sidestep:

Nathan

Okay, let's try that.
There should be some pictures attached to the bottom.
Anyway, meet Amber.

Attachments

• Amber Thumbnail Web view.jpg
    Amber Thumbnail Web view.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 35
  • amberIII.jpg
    amberIII.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 34
Hi Stephanie, Welcome, Curious where in western WA? My daughter and son-in-law live in Longview and he teaches at Castle Rock High. Some of his class projects have become home pets. again welcome, susan

We live in Chehalis, just between Olympia and Kelso Longview. It's about 1/2 hour to either place. My husband teaches in Clover Park just south of Tacoma at the 5-12 Learning Center. He's not much of a biology kinda guy (his background is in chem and physics) but he is very interested in genetics.

:wavey: Welcome to Cornsnake.com! Glad you came out of lurkdom :). I'm new to this board, as well. There are a bunch of friendly members here to assist you with your new corn, which is a beauty, by the way :). See you around the boards! I love this place!

welcome to the best place for anything cornsnakes. there's lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here, have fun!!

Back