• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ship them or drive them?

I'm going to be moving from Oregon to Florida. I had planned to drive across the country with my two snakes (one corn and one ball). I bought a couple of 34 quart plastic tubs that I was going to solder holes into to contain them in while I drove them across the country with me.
Now I'm just wondering if it would be easier to Fed Ex or such ship them via overnight air to someone I know in the east who can take care of them for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions on this as far as how much it would cost? What is the best way to pack them if I do this? I'm just concerned that my car may break down somewhere and they will get sick b/c of temperature gradients. What are your all's opinions? What would you do in this situation?

If they have not been fed, I doubt they would get sick. Remember that wild corns across the country are active now, and doing quite well. As long as you protect them from extremes in heat or freezing, they should be fine.

Make sure you duct tape the bins. We lost our banana kingsnake when Tara was travelling North with him. Never did find him again. :(

Back