• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shipping dates thru early November...

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With 4 more shows that we have scheduled up through the first weekend of November, I will only be shipping ONLY on the following dates until that last show has been completed:

Monday, September 23
Wednesday, October 9
Monday, October 14
Wednesday, October 16
Monday, October 21

For those of you planning on placing or receiving orders over the next month and a half, please plan accordingly.

Thanks.

Oh no!!
Only for days in October?

I guess that you are super busy with all those snakes to be shipped out! Man all those shipping dates would be like hell to you.....

Good Luck!

Actually it's the shows that are the problem. I have to start packing on Wednesday to get ready for them, then have to spend most of Monday to unpack them and check on everyone to make sure the water dishes are OK. We just got back from the Mid Atlantic Show, so packing began on Tuesday, and unpacking was the following Tuesday. I expect the Tinley Park show will be the same schedule for me since they are both 16 to 18 hour drives for us.

This year we are doing two back-to-back shows, so I will be unable to do ANY shipments those few days inbetween them. I will need every moment I have in order to try to get everything cleaned and fed before we are off to the next show.

Unfortunately, all of the shows we have done so far have gone quite well, so I don't have any justification for dropping them from next year's schedule. So next year is destined to be just as bad. :(

Sounds like you're going to sell out of hatchlings earlier than usual? :) Not a bad thing, from your perspective, I'd imagine.

Rich
do you ever get out to so. california for shows. I see all the pics of snakes people bought from you at shows and feel like I'm missing out

Sounds like you're going to sell out of hatchlings earlier than usual?

During packing days when I am trying to find those last few individuals to complete the order, yes, I feel like I am quickly running out of stuff. But when I am up till 3 am feeding babies and it looks like an impossible task to keep up, I don't feel that way at all.

And now I have those second clutches hatching out! I just throw the eggs into sweater boxes and call them my 'fungus farms'. No telling what is going to hatch out. Probably more would if I hadn't forgotten about them and let them get a bit too dry. I figure if I am ever going to get that one in a million animal to hatch out, I need to get Murphy's Law working on my side. It would HAVE to happen in one of those fungus farms so that I would not have a clue who the parents were of that animal. *And then it would die...... *, so I guess Murphy would have the last laugh anyway.

do you ever get out to so. california for shows.

We did one of the original San Diego Shows about 10 years ago. Cost us an arm and a leg to fly out there and have our stuff flown out as well. I figured I could have done the same amount of business if I had just stayed home and given away $1,500 worth of animals. Generally I have found that we make pretty much the same amount no matter what show we attend. So travelling across the country, and the higher attendant expenses involved, just doesn't make sense to do.

My limit of travel on the western side would probably be Texas, but so far I haven't found a show big enough to get my interest. I'm surprised no one has put on a REALLY big show in that state. I think it would be a winner simply because both coasts would consider it feasible to attend it. I think a 500 table show would have no trouble filling up the tables if it was done at a time that it didn't comflict with another major show.

Oh yeah, before I forget. I may be withdrawing one of the dates on my shipping schedule. There is a big machine gun shoot up in Kentucky one of the weekends we are off from doing shows, and I've been wanting to go up there and see if for years now. If I decide to do that, I probably will not be back home in order to ship on Monday, October 14th. I'll know more when that weekend gets closer and I can check the weather forecasts up in Louisville.

[ There is a big machine gun shoot up in Kentucky
Hey Rich, You a gun "freak"? I myself have 18 no fully auto's though. Mostly shotguns and rifles. So far my fav is my Rem 7mm mag. Stainless with synthetic stock and a stailess 42mm pentax scope. "she" is awesome!! I'll be the first to admit I have a problem i even call her Betsy. I just picked up a Winchester super x2 mag in the shadow grass camo. Great looking gun, can't wait until duck/goose season gets here. I also got a few oldies but goodies too, like a winchester 32 special I think it is a model 94. But it has been awhile since I took it out of the case so I might be wrong there. Anyway enough gun talk on the snake forum.

Ken

Yeah, I'm definitely a gun nut.

Been collecting Colt Pythons lately. I have 28 of them with another one of the way to my FFL holder as we speak. My FFL guy already has a Steyr Scout in .243 sitting in his shop waiting for me to pick it up and there is a Steyr AUG that should be on it's way to him right now.

Wish I had time to shoot the darned things. I have quite a few of them now that I haven't shot at all. Some of the rarer more collectible stuff, I may never shoot, I guess.

Since this section can be about 'personal issues' concerning SerpenCo and myself, guns are a perfectly acceptable topic here. ;)

It's not too terribly exotic, collectible, or rare, but my pride and joy in gun ownership is a Rossi .357 rifle built on the old '92 Winchester model. It has Brazillian hardwood grip and stock and holds 12 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.

It is not a gun that has a great deal of range, but here in the Ozarks, the trees preclude a lot of shots much over 75 yards or so anyway. Suffice it to say that I haven't let a targeted deer get past me yet in the 18 years I've owned it!

;)

Now, back to the corns for me!

So, Rich, do you specialize in guns that are named after snakes?

That thought has crossed my mind.

I have Colt Pythons, Anacondas, and Diamondbacks. The other models that Colt has that I haven't picked up are the King Cobra, Cobra, Boa, and Viper, that I know about. There may be more. Darn shame they never came out with a Corn Snake series, but I guess that name would be too tame for a gun model.

Actually it seems kind of blasphemous for me to be selling corns and buying pythons with that money. :eek:

My absolute favorite reptile shows are those that take place right next to a gun show. It don't get much better than that for me!

Last edited:
my new hero

Rich, You are my new hero!! not only do you have some kick a@@ corns you also have some kick a@@ guns too!! Maybe you could have a new pic thread to show us some of those great guns;) Snakes and guns could life get any better??

You mean like these?

model82A1.jpg

model99.jpg

sig_amt.jpg

oh my

Rich, those are great! you own all those? what caliber is the python? and is that a glock handgun? Is that a .50 caliber I see there too? I want to come play at your house. i could spend hours looking at guns and snakes! Is it easy to get a permit to carry a consealed in Florida? Up here we just got a law passed that all you have to do is take a class and be able to hit a target and you can carry a consealed weapon. if you do not take it places where there are more than like 2,500 people and a bunch of other rules. As soon as I save up enough I am headed out to get a glock 40 or a .45 acp. You have a preference between them?

Those aren't my photos, but yes I own all of those firearms (and then some!).

The python is a .357. That is the one that is on the way to my FFL right now. It's a rather rare variant. The Elite model in bright stainless steel.

The handgun at the bottom is a Steyr. I can't remember if this is the M40 or the .357 sig version. I have both. There are only 70 of the .357 sigs Steyrs in the world. VERY nice handgun.

I've only had one Glock and I did not like it. There are far too many accidental discharges on record with them as well as a fair number of guns blowing up on people. The .40s seem to be the most common for the blowups, so bear that in mind.

I used to only be interested in semi-autos, but lately I have turned to revolvers. Matter of fact, I have a Smith & Wesson model 629 Trail Boss sitting right next to me here in the den. The gun is a tack driver for a 3 inch barrel, and I only shoot .44 Specials in it. The .44 mag ammo would be too much to handle in this short barreled gun.

For my carry piece, I use a S&W airweight. It's so damned light that I forget I have it in my pocket most of the time. And a carry gun that you leave at home because it is too heavy is of absolutely no use at all to you.

wow

Rich, Adopt me!!! I am good at cleaning guns and can care for snakes at the same time! Although i am better at cleaning guns that I get to shoot though;) Maybe next time I am in Florida you could give me a "tour" of your gun safe. I am already making plans to be in Daytona for next years show. The plan is to drive down to the keys, do a little fishing then make it to the show. BUt we will just have to wait and see how that plan come together. Out of your collection which is your favorite? if you can pick one. and which is your favorite to shoot?

Back